Hitler art, Rommel sigs etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler art, Rommel sigs etc.

New here, and wanted to know if any of you guys Know where to get paintings by Hitler, something signed by Rommel or Mussolini etc. I found some Rommel sigs at a gun show that were $1,200, but from what I understand the guy selling them did not have the best rep. I saw the same type of material at a memorabilia shop in Caesars Palace and they were around $4,500. Also, anything signed by Patton or Ike. I saw Hitler paintings on a site called Snyder's, I think, but was not sure how authentic they might be. I hope this does not come off as an odd request, but I like WWII history, and would like to start a small personal collection. Thanks in advance, and Mods, if this is in the wrong place let me know.

One has to be extremely careful (and wealthy) to buy genuine paintings by Hitler. Not only is his signature heavily forged, but also his artwork. Most of his paintings are well documented and are in private collections, but they do come up rarely. The forgeries are a different story. They appear from time to time on various sites and in auctions. Kujau fakes are also becoming quite rare and therefore are collectors' items in their own right.
    Rommel is one of the most common Third Reich forged signatures and clipped signatures, signed postcards or slips of paper bearing signatures should be avoided. Full documents are preferable, but be careful when considering any Vorschlagsliste signed by him, as these are also commonly forged.
    Patton signatures attract high prices, as do Eisenhower wartime autographs. Mussolini is fairly cheap and very common.
    Good luck!
    Max.

Comment

Thanks Max. I have been in contact with the gentleman you referred me to. His prices seem to be cheaper than I though, is there any chance of fakes with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Sajer View Post
        Thanks Max. I have been in contact with the gentleman you referred me to. His prices seem to be cheaper than I though, is there any chance of fakes with him?
        I think you might have me confused with someone else as I didn't refer you to anyone to my knowledge!
        Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
          I think you might have me confused with someone else as I didn't refer you to anyone to my knowledge!
          Max.

Sorry about that, you are right. It was Mithrandir.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X