Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FW190 with numerous Victories

Hi Friends
    I have here a FW190 photo with numerous victories markings.
    Can someone assign the Maschiene. Who was the pilot ?
    Need some information about Staffel and fighter.

Thanks Andi
    Attached Files

Who is the Knight's Cross Holder.
    I think it is the same plane..
    Attached Files

Comment

Rudorffer - II./JG2.

Regards

Robert

Comment

He became one of the first jet fighter aces in the world by scoring 12 victories, including 10 four-engined bombers, in the jet. Erich Rudorffer survived the war and continued his aviation career as a member of the Bundesluftwaffe.
        Erich Rudorffer scored a total of 224 victories, placing him 7th on the all time list. This score did not come without a cost: Rudorffer flew over 1,000 missions, entering combat on 302 occasions, was shot down 16 times, and baled out 9 times! Of note are the 58 Il-2 Sturmoviks included in his 138 Eastern Front victories (all while flying the Fw 190) and the 10 four-engined bombers shot down in Reichsverteidigung missions.

Impressive.

Comment

WOW !!!.............. Billbert

Comment

Thank you Guys,
            These are great information.
            The images are made 1943-44. I have another photo from this airplane. On it you can see only a little bit of the identifier from II./JG.2 with the victories on the tail unit.

Thanks Andi

Comment

I understood correctly. On picture one I count 145 victories ?...

Cheers Andi

Comment

Hi,

This is FW 190 A-3 Werknummer 0130 432 'Yellow 1 + -', Stammkennzeichen RR + CF, flown by Oberleutnant Erich Rudorffer with the 6. Staffel of Jagdgeschwader 2 in 1942. Rudorffer claimed his 45th aerial victory on 19 August 1942, so the photo of the rudder is from around that time.

It was flown by Oblt. Rudorffer from France to the Mediterranean theatre in December 1942, but on arrival in Sicily on 14 December 1942 suffered twenty per cent damage. Later, the aircraft served with ground-attack training unit II./S.G. 101, was badly damaged on 3 April 1944, and was sent to a repair facility in France.

Several other photographs of this aircraft have been published, most notably in Peter Rodeike's Focke-Wulf 190 book.

As far as I know, Erich Rudorffer is still alive.

Cheers,
                Andrew A.
                Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com

Comment

You're right. Currently, Erich Ruddorfer is the most successful fighter pilot still alive.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X