Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

El senor Augustin Munos-Grande......

Some years ago (2-3) Werner Roell, Ritterkreuz on: 25.05.1943
    als: Hauptmann (Staffelkapitän StabsStfl/StukaG 77) came to my place to spend the day, his French (he speaks 8 languages) is perfect among many things he gave me, were 3 pics (reprint) of
    Augustin Munos-Grande, Gen.Lt., Kdr of the Span. "Blaue Div.", RK on 12.3.42, Eichenlaub on 13.12.42
    The pics are maybe from a book or well known, but in case not, here they are
    Last edited by François SAEZ; 08-31-2008, 05:18 AM.
    Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

2 - RK ceremony

Comment

3 - color one with Eichenlaub

Comment

In the first photo he is wearing a M1941 ENLISTED man's tunic!

Comment

Agustín Muñoz Grandes was the first commander of the 250 I.D., the Blau for the color of the shirts commonly wear under the tunic by the spanish falangistas, and was one of the most beloved commanders in the Spanish Army. Out of formal cermonies he usually wore emlisted uniforms only upgraded with his rank patches. He was a really true soldier and never lost his admiration to the germans, being minister in one of Franco´s gabinets he visited the U.S.A. and in a meet with General ridgeway he wears his Knight Cross with Oakleaves, the original received not postwar denazified models. Unafortunately he was a soldier between politics and he found himself in struggles that he never understand nor want to fight in the final years of his life, he was one of the names pointed to be the sucesor of Franco, something he didn't want. His last act as commander of the 250 I.D. was in Barcelona on April 2nd, 1.954 when he was the first spanish authoritie to abroad the Semiramis, a ship where the Red Cross repatriated the prisioners from the U.S.S.R. He was called by his troops "el orejas" the hears you can see why, and with true devotion our general, for most of the spanish volunteers in Russia he was the true commander of all of them and only an order from his superiors could keep him away from his troops.

Angel

François, thanks for the advise.
          Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Hello Angel and all of you, here´s Muñoz Grandes signature on a 1939 letter.

Regards,

Pablo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X