U-Boat Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boat Document

First one of these I've seen. Does it look correct?

Hello,

Sorry, but for me that one is a blatant fake. Bogus signature, bogus "in Vertretung" notation, and I'm sure a bogus Feldpostnummer ink stamp. Not sure, but the recipient's name could be fictitious as well.

Also, the Command of Führer der Unterseeboote West was not formed until July of 1942, yet the document is dated in November of 1940. Nothing makes sense here.

I saw that document on the recent Bagwell Auction. They do a pretty good job of screening their consignments, but some fake stuff does slip by.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hello again,

If you post this document in the "Photos & Paper Items" part of the forum you will get more responses.

Best regards,
      Tom
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Yes, as Tom mentioned.....fake

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Definite fake. Interesting place for that extraneous drop of ink to fall, right of the printing error on this well known fake document.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by RichardT View Post
            Definite fake. Interesting place for that extraneous drop of ink to fall, right of the printing error on this well known fake document.

Richard
            And there also some less-noticeable errors to the border on the right side.

Best regards,
            Tom
            Attached Files
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X