Can anyone offer a possible location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone offer a possible location?

Would like to know if this was in france? as I'm thinking it's the cross of lorraine?
    or who either of the officers may be?

Has no-one anything they can add/offer on this pic..

Comment

Servus Woodie,

I don't think the location is Lorriane...they tend to use slate shingles. The roof here is terra-cotta...I would guess either Italy or southern France IMHO. Any writing on the back of the photo?

Horrido!

Patrick

Comment

Is this same person?

No info to photo, sorry patrick, nothing to add but this other pic, do you think man on the right could be one and the same? possibly younger..

Comment

Originally posted by woodie View Post
          No info to photo, sorry patrick, nothing to add but this other pic, do you think man on the right could be one and the same? possibly younger..
          Looking at the lips and nose, I would say it is the same man.

Chris.

Comment

Shame the clarity makes it hard to distinguish/compare features

Comment

You white people all look the same to me....hahahahaha. They are strikingly similar, ear appears a little different, but he may have been wounded, although I think the comparison is compelling. Are they both captains sitting at the table brunching? I see he wears his watch facing inward, and is either looking at a small tourist type picture album, or breaking out his wallet. Seems they are having tea, and bread, and can't tell what the shavings are on the plate.... it isn't uncommon to find photos with nothing written on the back. The chances of telling who he is is the luck of the draw. Hope you find out.

Comment

Thanks juoneen, it would be good just to tie down the location, has anyone here come across this photo before on the web, the one with the two officers in?

Comment

Would like to know if this was in france? as I'm thinking it's the cross of lorraine?
                  or who either of the officers may be?

Thanks juoneen, it would be good just to tie down the location, has anyone here come across this photo before on the web, the one with the two officers in?

I'm thinking it's the cross only using in Hungary or Slovakia.The symbol of find this countryflags too.
                  Attached Files

Comment

that is another place to look at, that is a possibility, many thanks for that, ray..

Comment

Hi,

yes, i'm more into Slovakia or Hungary too.
                      The house and cross don't look to be from Lorraine at all.

See You

Vince

Comment

Thanks Vince, from other source, the person in question was stationed here: Albergo Alpinisti Hotel - Boario Terme and it was used as HQ at the time, command of Weapons School of Army Group C from 24/06/1944 to 28/04/1945 when he was killed.

Richard Kotz I beleive was the General of the Waffenschule OB Sudwest, do you have pics or info about this Waffenschule?

Any info on that period..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X