"Daddy I'm so afraid" Propaganda Bastogne leaflet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Daddy I'm so afraid" Propaganda Bastogne leaflet

Hi can anyone help me with authenticating this leaflet, dropped on the American troops in Bastogne.

I've some concerns as it glows under black light.

Size is 200mm x 145mm.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

The hand written signature "K.K." below right has been made by Klaus Kirchner a famour publisher of leaflet books. He also owned a large collection of leaflets.

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks. At least the black test is proven good here.

I'll purge it from my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
          The hand written signature "K.K." below right has been made by Klaus Kirchner a famour publisher of leaflet books. He also owned a large collection of leaflets.

Gerdan
          Now that esoteric info on the initials "K.K." was very impressive. That took more than just searching the internet with a keyword search.

Comment

I agree, it was a great key, here is more info on the kk individual;

http://www.propaganda-leaflets.com/

Comment

I know Dr. Klaus Kirchner personally!

Gerdan

Comment

I have received an email reply from Dr Klaus Kirchner. The leaflet is genuine and his markings KK act as his certification.
                > Dear Mr. S,
                >
                > Dr. Klaus Kirchner has instructed me to answer them.
                >
                > I write to you his answer:
                >
                >
                > "Dear Mr. ---,
                >
                > On the contrary my initials certify a genuine leaflet.
                > By the way the leaflet was produced by
                > the SS-Propaganda-Company "Scorpion-West".
                >
                > (It is not a leaflet which was disseminated at Bastogne!)"
                >
                > > My best regards on behalf of Dr. Klaus Kirchner
                >
                > REINHARD DANNER
                > Am Bauernwald 2
                > D-90411 Nürnberg
                > Germany
                Last edited by Akira Takiguchi; 06-03-2013, 05:34 PM. Reason: privary protection requested

Comment

I have always been under the assumption that optical brighteners were not used until after WW2 in paper. If it glows under a black-light, especially when it is a inexpensive type of paper that would be used for propaganda sheets, it would be suspect.

Charlie

Comment

Thanks Charlie, good points.

KK certification is only an indicator of authenticity but I agree, needs further interrogation.

I'd like to see another example in a collection to compare.

Comment

Originally posted by robs View Post
                      Thanks. At least the black test is proven good here.

I'll purge it from my collection.

?

Comment

I don't know about leaflets specifically, but the black light test should not be the say all, end all in determining authenticity of paper items IMO.
                        Gerdan basically just said that Dr. K.K. was very knowledgeable when it came to leaflets, and shown is an email from him saying it is a genuine piece. I would tend to trust someone like that over a blacklight test anyday

Comment

Hi

I was not saying that the black light test is the answer all. I just seems odd that a leaflet would have optical brightener in it. I have worked in the paper industry for 25+ years, and for a item like this to have brightener in it when stamps, money, etc from that time frame did not, seems odd to me..

Charlie

Comment

It seems to me that one of KK's authenticated leaflets could be copied with the initials and all.

Comment

I emailed again for clarification and received his assurance of authenticity. I'll leave the email address up for other researchers.

To: xx@hotmail.com
                              Subject: Re: / Your request of 28/05/2013

Good day, Mr. x.

Thank you for your reply and your questions.

After consultation with Mr. Kirchner today he assured me that this leaflet
                              is 100% original. But not from the "Bastogne", as mentioned by you.

He has these leaflets themselves away from a Propaganda-Granate/Rakete, so saved.

The question "paper" for he told me that at the end of the war all the remainders were collected in the printing - ie, different types of paper were printed.

The character "kk" was "stamped by hand with purple colored ink" by himself, it is always per leaflet at a different point.

I personally know Mr. Kirchner for more than 40 years, all of his books and documentaries were created by me and my company. The reproductions were taken by us always to originals for the books. I am therefore sure that all of its leaflets are originals!

I also have a very large collection - I'm printing expert and facsimile prints could be reliably detected.

He has handed over 16,000 leaflets to the Staatsbibliothek in Berlin, Handschriften-Abteilung, for posterity - these are also all original leaflets.

Mr. Kirchner is now over 80 years old. He has other books in the works.
                              Therefore I take various works for him.

(Sorry, my English is not perfect).

Greetings Reinhard Danner from Nuremberg.
                              - - -

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

REINHARD DANNER
                              Am Bauernwald 2
                              D-90411 Nürnberg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X