Flea Market Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flea Market Find

Found these with a bunch of post war letters. I'll work on the letters later but thought to post the fotos for interest and information.

They are from south of Berlin. The Private has "14" on his shoulder strap button. Any help on what unit he could have been with? What are the slip ons on the shoulder straps for?? A little low to hide the unit designator.

The Org Todt picture shows one mean looking dude! Interesting that he is wearing a Luft belt buckle and an Army eagle on his hat. Assigned to work on Luft Airfields??
    Attached Files

10000 yard stare in the second photo. You think he has seen a little action between the first and second pic.

Reminds me of the famous pictures of Kurt Myer with his new KC then a few years latter on the eastern front.

Comment

The 14 is for 14th kompanie.
      It looks like the slip-on is to hide something.
      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
        The 14 is for 14th kompanie.
        It looks like the slip-on is to hide something.
        Thanks RIck,

I thought it may have been a Regiment number, not kompanie. Best guess on waffenfarbe?? Looks like two different colors from Straps to hat. When did they stop wearing the numbered buttons, it will help me to date the foto.

This is a Father - Son not one aged by combat.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Ah Father and Son that makes a little more sense.

The aged by combat make for a better story though

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X