It Sure Didn't Take Long....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Sure Didn't Take Long....

...for copies of this to hit the market.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Offizier-mit-...ht_1382wt_1142

"Hundestaffel"
    Attached Files

A very bad quality copy of Hannes with his personal dog.

Comment

That's actually a professionally shot propaganda photo, "Hannes" of course being Johannes Rudolf Mühlenkamp (known as "Hannes" to his comrades, but referred to as "Rudolf" in most official documents into 1943).

SS-PK Mann Helmut Möbius took the photo in the Caucasus in September 1942, just after Mühlenkamp received his RK as the commander of SS-Panzer abteilung 5. The photo then appeared in German newspapers. The original photo was of very good quality, even the newspaper print looked better than this cheap forgery.

His dog's name was Heide.
      Last edited by MarcRikmenspoel; 05-19-2013, 10:50 AM. Reason: Added detail

Comment

A grouping of original period produced PK and personal photos directly attibuted to Muhlenkamp / his personal estate was recently broken up (for maximun profit of course), with some of the original period Heide photos being offered to me directly (at ultra-ridiculous prices even for a serious SS Hund collector like myself).

As the new owners are posting these original PK and personal shots on various websites, they are easy meat for copying, much easier then copying a photo from a period newspaper -what I posted here is a prime example of this....

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Hannes was obviously yet another SS officer who, like Sepp Dietrich, didn't mind mixing and matching when it came to eagles...check out his crusher cap for a Heer version.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X