LAH poster by Anton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAH poster by Anton

I am thinking of selling this poster, but have no idea what to ask for it. Can someone help me?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Fred,

As there are only two of these existing in the world - that I am aware of - I would say it makes this poster pretty damn rare.

Then add in these two factors:

The two that do exist both have different recruiting addresses makes each one unique.

Plus it's the only poster specifically done for the SS-Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler Division.

On top of that it's painted by Ottomar Anton. On the down side it's one of his black and white posters, not a color poster. If it was in color you could add another couple of thousand.

Putting all that together, considering yours is an absolutely unique poster, I would estimate that it's worth somewhere between US$4000 and $5000. Maybe a bit more.

Is your one linen backed or only framed? Linen backed to preserve it would increase it's value slightly more. (edit to add - no it's not linen backed)
      Last edited by TonyS; 05-09-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

One other thing I left out was condition - which in this case I don't think it really applies.

If it was in 6 pieces it might knock some off the price but the rarity tends to counter any condition issues in my opinion.

Comment

Thank you so much for answering my questions!

Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X