Excellent Legion Condor - Spanish Civi War album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent Legion Condor - Spanish Civi War album

These are to share from an album with over 800 photos. The Spanish Civil War is not my forte at all so I cannot say anything about the images, but they are nice photos.

Armoured car ...

In the trenches ...

Old battlefield ...

Troops, no idea which, African NCO ...

Parade ...

Senior Officers ...

Very interesting. Would be a gold mine for the Spanish Civil War collector or historian.
    Jeff

Comment

Ebro

The armoured car is an "Ebro", 8 built in 1936 in Saragosa, pic taken possibly on summer 1937.
      The Krupp L2H at right side on parade pic is fairly rare. Very few photos of it are known in Spain (Akira Takiguchi has an album -Gerhard Koch- with two excellent pictures of it).

Comment

Guillem beat me to making a comment.

I too thank you for posting these photos. As a dedicated fan of unusual softskin photos, I very much enjoyed the photo of the Krupp.

I cannot read the registration plate, do you know if it was registered "EE" or "LC" or something else??

Bill

Comment

Senior Officers ...
          The officer in the middle (back to the camera) is Generalmajor Wolfram Freiherr von Richthofen, last commander of Legion Condor

Comment

Looks like a very nice and interesting album! I really would like to see more of its pics!

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael1 View Post
              The officer in the middle (back to the camera) is Generalmajor Wolfram Freiherr von Richthofen, last commander of Legion Condor
              As shown on this photo:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=669623

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
                Hello Jason

It's made exactly on the same spot on the same day. See the building on the background.

Very nice album from your own collection W. Congrats

Regards

Erwin

Comment

A ver nice one W.!!

Comment

Very nice, thanks for sharing!!!

Mike

Comment

LC in this photo http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...30&postcount=5

Originally posted by Bill Murray View Post
                      Guillem beat me to making a comment.

I too thank you for posting these photos. As a dedicated fan of unusual softskin photos, I very much enjoyed the photo of the Krupp.

I cannot read the registration plate, do you know if it was registered "EE" or "LC" or something else??

Bill

Comment

Thank you as always, Taki.

I assumed it would be an LC registration but in a war like that with very fluid situations, you never know.

A nice addition to the files.

Bill

Comment

Thanks

The man facing the camera with round glasses on "Senior officers" pic, looks like "General de Brigada" José Moscardó Ituarte, "Coronel" while he was defender of the Alcázar de Toledo, under siege from July to September 1936.

Legion Condor used LC plates on all german vehicles. Also the Skull/Crossbones on vehicles of the Pak Company.

Comment

Lc

Thank you for the positive comments and additional information. It seems there is an interest in this period so I will post a few more which appear interesting.

The photo in the other post comes from me. There are several photos taken on this occasion. Here is another one.

I believe this is Franco

Destroyed city and vehicle as some of you seem to like those - I tried to scan the numberplate but it did not work.

Another parade in another city

Another vehicle

Comment

Yes, as you said he is Franco

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X