Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8mm film Technichal question

Guys,

As stated above if some-one were to try and preserve footage from the war how would one transfer the footage from 8mm film to other media?

Are there any film buffs out there?

Cheers

Jock

Hi Jock,

I would not know personally about the technical procedures to transfer 8mm film to say a CD, but I would imagine that your local Photo shop would be able to supply this service!
    Many friends have taken old 8mm film to the photo shop, say of their wedding etc; and had it transferred (in the old days) to VHS video and more recently to DVD.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

I owned and operated a video production company for years and we transferred millions of 8 and 16 mm footage over to VHS initially and over to DVD now. Pick up your phone book or google up "film transfers to video"and you should be able to find someone locally who can do this.
      One word of caution: Ask to see some examples of their work before making any commitment. There's several technical things you have to do right to get a quality transfer and if you get just one of them wrong the transfer will be mediocre at best. A ballpark cost should be around 10 cents per foot.
      Jim

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for the direction.

Cheers

Jock

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X