Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Jeeps captured and used by german Soldiers !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they are so many Legends.... In the Vosges, the US soldiers fighting around were convinced that Germans were "booby-trapping" their own dead comrades. Of course the US Soldiers explained it to the french civilians. After the fights, the area was full of explosive Items, and of course it was some tragical accidents, some of them killing children. The Legend said they were dead by trying to capture a Luger Parabellum on a german dead Soldier, and that the Luger was booby-trapped..... For 2 Years, helding a conference about the Liberation of the Village, I was interrupt by an Auditor telling this Story. He was not there at the time, but had heard it from one of his Neighbor..... I has repeated to his Childs. So remains Legends alive for many many generations.

Of course, not all is b....t, but I have heard so many stupid stories, just for giving an importance to the speaker.... that I am hard to convince in all these Matters ! Lionel.

Comment

This is a great subject and I do have a few such photos in my collection... I'll try to scan them and post here. Posted this not to forget about the thread.

Comment

Batallion commander's tank of Panzer-Abteilung 21, a Befehlspanzer IV (field modification) and a jeep in front of it, 1943.

This is from Wolfgang Darius' estate.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
          Here's one of mine. The jeep's new owner is the Werkstattkompanie of Panzer-Regiment 24. Photo taken near Kotelnikovo, south of Stalingrad, in August 1942. Note the J on the side (J = Instandsetzung).

Jason

- - -
          Again this church. Really Kotelnikovo?
          http://www.photo-war.com/ru/archives/items3261.htm

image share

Comment

A bit of field maintenance.
            Kerry.
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X