Hitler, Streicher, Göring blood order photo grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler, Streicher, Göring blood order photo grouping

Hello. I've just received a grouping of 7 photos. One of them shows an unknown parade with Hitler, Göring, Streicher and some others. It seems that all of them wear the blood order.

Can someone name the other people in the photo? Does someone have an idea when and where this parade took place?

And the most important question:

Are the photos original? I don't have a lot of knowledge about photos but know war-time photos just with the "saw-toothed" edges.

All of them are stamped "Agfa Brovira" on their back. All of them show glue marks on their back from being removed from an album.

They all have different dimensions. Some of them were trimmed.

Regards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Oberbootsmann; 04-17-2013, 03:35 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Himmler & Grimminger

I see just Himmler's Head & of course J. Grimminger carrying the blood flag. Probably taken on one of the anniversary marches to commemorate the 9 Nov. 1923 "beer Hall Putsch" in Munich. On the way to the Feldherrnhalle where these events ended the big march for another year. Tom

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
            I see just Himmler's Head & of course J. Grimminger carrying the blood flag. Probably taken on one of the anniversary marches to commemorate the 9 Nov. 1923 "beer Hall Putsch" in Munich. On the way to the Feldherrnhalle where these events ended the big march for another year. Tom
            After looking at the other photos, I don't think all 7 were taken at a "Beer Hall Putsch" march. Very nice pic's !!!!

Comment

Thanks, Tom. I'll show larger scans. Perhaps it will be easier identifying the other ones.
              I guess the scans show the 1933 "Beer Hall Putsch" march.

Regards
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Oberbootsmann View Post
                Thanks, Tom. I'll show larger scans. Perhaps it will be easier identifying the other ones.
                I guess the scans show the 1933 "Beer Hall Putsch" march.

Regards
                I see R. Hess between & behind the two guys on the far left. These anniversary march parades were a huge "deal" ! A friend of mine from Munich told me he attended one as a young HJ member and that there were tousands of people on hand ! Tom

Comment

Nice

It also appears like Ribbentrop is in the 2nd row in the middle photos too.
                  Could the Caisson be carrying Horst Wassel? Nice group of pics.

Comment

Hitler, Goering, Streicher and Grimminger are obvious.

What the heck, I'll take a longshot.

March.jpg

Comment

Here are some miscellaneous thoughts on the pictures, some of which reflect comments made by members, but in no particular order.

The caisson would not be carrying Host Wessel's body. He was in Berlin, not Munich, and the picture is definitely of the Konigsplatz in Munich.

I do not seen anyone looking like Ribbentrop. Remember, in the pictures which are obviously of a commemoration of the 9. November Putch, Ribbentrop wouldn't be marching with the participants, (who are wearing their Blood Orders.) Ribbentrop didn't join the Party until several years after the Putch, so he couldn't be participating in the comemoration with the participants.

I see the head which a couple of folks have suggested is Himmler. I'm not convinced. Himmler actually had hair on his head, though worn short, and also wore glasses. This one doesn't.

I agree with a poster who said all the photos aren't from the same event. Post # 4 shows a column marching, wearing M-35 helmets, while the other photos all show transitional types. Also, the ones which are most definitely comemorating the Putch are taken in the rain, or while everything is wet shortly after a rain. The one with the M-35s isn't.

As for the picture with the old senior officers wearing spike helmets (with Bavarian helmet plates), I'm guessing this was taken at a Putch celebration, since we know that many of the old senior officers, such as Ludendorf, supported, or at least sympathised with, the Nazis. As to the placement of this picture though, it is only speculation on my part.

As to when the pictures of the Putch celebration were taken? "IF" the yellowed picture of the Odeonsplatz is from the same time as the other Putch pictures, then we can conclude it was probably at the time the sarcophagi of the "matyrs" of the 9. November were transferred to the Honor Temple. Here, we see the sarcophagi actually on the the monument on the Odeonsplatz for the commemoration. It may well be that the caisson mentioned above is carrying a sarcophagus to the Odeonsplatz before they are later transferred to the Honor Temple, pictured in the group of photos.

I think all of the photos of pre-WWII, and most of them, with the transitional helmets, are early 1930s.

One question I have, however, is that in some of the photos of the Putch celebrations, it seems as though there are a lot of Army units there, including, perhaps, and Army detail bringing the Caisson through the Konigsplatz. Now, especially early on, why would the Army be participating in a celebration of the Putch, a purely "Nazi" event?

Anyway, my take on these photos.

Steve
                      ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Sherlock View Post
                        I see the head which a couple of folks have suggested is Himmler. I'm not convinced. Himmler actually had hair on his head, though worn short, and also wore glasses. This one doesn't.

Steve
                        It's definitely Himmler in his early usual position at the end in the second row, behind Richard Kolb. I can also see hair and spectacles.
                        Max.
                        Last edited by max history; 04-18-2013, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Isn't this Ulrich Graf? Though I thought that in early marches he was to Hitler's immediate left, and it looks like there's room to Hitler's left for someone else to be there ...

Best,
                          Greg
                          Attached Files
                          sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
                          www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

It's Hermann Kriebel, not Graf. Graf is between Kriebel and Hitler, but is obscured from view.
                            Max.

Comment

Josef Terboven does not appear in the photo (and he was not a Blutorden holder in any case). That's Dr. Friedrich Weber, not Franz Hayler. The men identified as Hewel and Loeper are not Hewel and Loeper (sorry, I don't know who they are).

~ Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X