Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some photos for ID

Hi

I don't want to make a thread about them separetly so this will be quite a mix

1) unknown arm insignia (looks like letter "H")

2) another unknown arm (qualification ?) badge

3) some odd vests (I've seen them of 3 diffrent photos always in barracks or drill; my quess is they are for protect precious unforms on the other hand they are quite short..)

4) unknowno formation - uniform is typicaly for Heer but collar insignia and armelband are quite odd

it looks like "Deutsche..." something

5) This is one of the best photos in my collection. Funeral procession is entering Reich Chancellery (one of the Arno Breker statue is vissible) but does anybody known from what funeral is that photo ?

And now 2 famous (?) persons of course I'm interested with names

1) A pilot awarded RK with leaves

2) WH general with PLM (Pour le Mérite)

Any ideas will be welcome. Sorry for my bad english and for the quality of photos some of them are unsharp in original
    Last edited by nomyss; 04-17-2013, 12:07 PM.

WH general with PLM (Pour le Mérite)
    Hi, its GFM Werner von Blomberg

Comment

3) some odd vests (I've seen them of 3 diffrent photos always in barracks or drill; my quess is they are for protect precious unforms on the other hand they are quite short..)

Are they taking part in some excercise/war game and wearing some kind of recognition vests?

Comment

The pilot with oakleaves is Erbo Graf von Kageneck.

John

Comment

Originally posted by TerryG View Post

Are they taking part in some excercise/war game and wearing some kind of recognition vests?
          Interesting altrought for recognition they have color bands on helmets and on arm so another (I think) will be useless.

Ps. Thanks for ID of the persons.

Comment

Arm qualification badge might be a Marine branch patch (mechaniker, torpedo,...)

Comment

fun pics

can't help but enjoyed them!

Comment

I'm wondering whether the neck decoration GFM von Blomberg was wearing in that photo was the Pour le Mérite or could it have been the Knight's Cross of the Johanniterorden (Order of Saint John, Bailiwick of Brandenburg)? While the Blue Max featured dark blue enamel in the shape of the Maltese Cross and golden eagles between the arms, the Knight's Cross of the Johanniterorden was a similar-sized Maltese Cross in white enamel with four eagles between the arms. (An order of chivalry led by the reigning monarch of the time, Kaiser Wilhelm II was the last German emperor to head the order and he retained the title of Herrenmeister until his death; today the order's Herrenmeister is Prince Oskar von Preussen, great-grandson of the kaiser through his son, Prince Oskar.)

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X