Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A dodgy award doc???

Hi guys,

Does this doc. look right? I'm doubtful but happy to be wrong.

Also does anyone know the unit- 44 reichsgrenader???

I can't find it.

Any help would be awesome:-)

Cheers,

Jamie
    Attached Files

I think it's meant to be Inf.Rgt.131 of 44. Infanterie-Division. An even bigger problem is the fact that this doc is dated 1940 but 44.Inf.Div. wasn't renamed "Reichsgrenadier" until 1943.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
      I think it's meant to be Inf.Rgt.131 of 44. Infanterie-Division. An even bigger problem is the fact that this doc is dated 1940 but 44.Inf.Div. wasn't renamed "Reichsgrenadier" until 1943.

Jason

Hmm, thanks.

I had fears and they're confirmed.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Comment

lots more wrong with it too, the stamp for starters.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Check the fake document section of this forum for other fake documents using the same stamp.
          Jeff

Comment

Thank you for everyone's help.

Luckily no money has been exchanged for this mock-up nightmare of a doc.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Comment

If all fakes were that bad, we would be safer!

Comment

Originally posted by F L Clemens View Post
                If all fakes were that bad, we would be safer!

Amen to that!

Comment

Damn!?!?!

It appears I've been called out.

Btw the single/low bid I made was done using a mobile phone. I now no longer bid using my phone:-)

Cheers,

Jamie
                  Attached Files

Comment

Refer him to this thread. He is welcome to discuss it here.
                    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
                      Refer him to this thread. He is welcome to discuss it here.
                      A great idea

I wrote the seller this email:

Hi,

Please feel free to follow the link and join the discussion about your doc. I'm sure you would like the chance to dispute everyone's findings.
                      This is not an ambush, or an attempt to belittle you in any way. The Wehrmacht forum is great place for you to explain the docs. authenticity. It's an open and honest forum and a good place to learn more about our hobby.

Cheers,

Jamie

Comment

Jesus! This is a very obvious bad fake. The spelling mistakes, the incorrect information, the bad stamp, the joke signature........... Oh that all fakes were this simple to spot.
                        Max.

Comment

131/44 DIV wound document

hi experts, especially jason - please read
                          44th Infantry Division (Wehrmacht)From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Redirected from German 44th Infantry Division)
                          Jump to: navigation, search 44. Infanterie-Division
                          German 44th Infantry Division

Active 1 April 1938 – 8 May 1945
                          Country Nazi Germany
                          Branch Heer
                          Type Division
                          Role Infantry
                          Engagements World War II
                          Poland 1939
                          France 1940
                          Operation Barbarossa
                          Second Battle of Kharkov
                          Summer Ofensive 1942
                          Stalingrad
                          Italy
                          Operation Achse
                          Monte Cassino

The 44th Infantry Division was formed on 1 April 1938 in Vienna. It first saw combat at the start of the war in the Invasion of Poland, and also the following May in the Battle of France.

After a 9 month period of coastal defence the division was transferred East, and on 22 July 1941 the division invaded the Soviet Union as part of Army Group South. It remained in the east after the failure of operation Barbarossa, reverting to the defensive for the winter and proved to be a baliwalk against the Soviet winter offensives near Izum and Karkov. Refurbished the division participated in the German summer offensive, and was subsequently destroyed with the 6th Army at Stalingrad in January 1943.

The division was rebuilt in Belgium, (NOT FORMED, JASON), when Hitler ordered the Stalingrad divisions should be reconstructed. By the summer of 1943 it was back up to strength and was sent to fight in Italy, where it was heavily engaged at Monte Cassino. After it withdrew up the Italian peninsular Withdrawn to refit, instead the division was sent to Hungary to oppose the Soviet advance. The division joined the efforts to recapture Budapest with the 6th SS Panzer Army, and was subsequently nearly destroyed near lake Balaton. The remnants of the division retreated into Austria, near its home staition, until the final days of the war. BARRIE
                          Last edited by bazildon; 04-18-2013, 07:04 PM. Reason: SIGN NAME

Comment

Hi,

I wont make our other emails and your comments on 'experts' public Barrie. But I will post my response:

I did not portray you as a swinldler.

Everyone finds the odd fake in their collections- it is nothing to be upset about. I'm glad you joined the forum. I hope over time you'll gladly join in debates, learn and pass on what you know.
                            I do believe you owe me an apology for using my name in a public auction. However, whether it is recieved or not does not affect my welcoming you to the Werhmact forums.

Cheers,

Jamie

Originally posted by bazildon View Post
                            hi experts, especially jason - please read
                            44th Infantry Division (Wehrmacht)From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Redirected from German 44th Infantry Division)
                            Jump to: navigation, search 44. Infanterie-Division
                            German 44th Infantry Division

Active 1 April 1938 – 8 May 1945
                            Country Nazi Germany
                            Branch Heer
                            Type Division
                            Role Infantry
                            Engagements World War II
                            Poland 1939
                            France 1940
                            Operation Barbarossa
                            Second Battle of Kharkov
                            Summer Ofensive 1942
                            Stalingrad
                            Italy
                            Operation Achse
                            Monte Cassino

The 44th Infantry Division was formed on 1 April 1938 in Vienna. It first saw combat at the start of the war in the Invasion of Poland, and also the following May in the Battle of France.

After a 9 month period of coastal defence the division was transferred East, and on 22 July 1941 the division invaded the Soviet Union as part of Army Group South. It remained in the east after the failure of operation Barbarossa, reverting to the defensive for the winter and proved to be a baliwalk against the Soviet winter offensives near Izum and Karkov. Refurbished the division participated in the German summer offensive, and was subsequently destroyed with the 6th Army at Stalingrad in January 1943.

The division was rebuilt in Belgium, (NOT FORMED, JASON), when Hitler ordered the Stalingrad divisions should be reconstructed. By the summer of 1943 it was back up to strength and was sent to fight in Italy, where it was heavily engaged at Monte Cassino. After it withdrew up the Italian peninsular Withdrawn to refit, instead the division was sent to Hungary to oppose the Soviet advance. The division joined the efforts to recapture Budapest with the 6th SS Panzer Army, and was subsequently nearly destroyed near lake Balaton. The remnants of the division retreated into Austria, near its home staition, until the final days of the war. BARRIE

Comment

Damn Aussies.....always drinking, fighting and kicking up dust

Welcome to the board bazildon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X