Recruiting Posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruiting Posters

I just wanted to show everyone my 2 what I think to be recruiting posters. One is SS and the other is infantry. I got them at an auction recently and my neighbor who is into ww2 stuff also thinks that they are real. They are a older type of paper and you can see it isn't new type of ink. Opinions are welcomed......

here is the infantry. Note that they have some wear from being in storage for some time. Also, the last picture is hard to see because of the flash but it says the date. I can only read the year and it is 1943..... the close ups are for the headgear to tell their branch in the military....

Comment

No opinions???

Comment

I am no expert on posters at all but I do know German and I can't imagine that "Fuhrer " would have no Umlaut and I believe the word "preis" should be capitalized.

Curt

Comment

They are both fakes......wrong paper for starters!

By the looks of it a UV blacklight would have these lighting up like Christmas tree's.

Artwork is taken from other original sources with slogans added by the faker....... Sieg um jeden preiss... "Victory at any price!" etc....

Comment

Scheibe

I've found this:
            http://www.ushmm.org/propaganda/arch...-at-the-front/

Comment

Thanks for the link and information guys. What would I look for when the UV light is on it? I just want to double check with it just in case....

Comment

The paper is modern and shiny, and the artwork exhibits the scanned look of alot of other fakes.

A UV blacklight would make the paper glow as it has modern chemicals / bleaches in the manufacturing process.....etc... whereas period paper does not!

It is by no means a fool-proof test as I believe there are fakers who are using non-reactive paper nowadays.

Having said that, there is no need for a Blacklight test on these ones, they are fake all day long!

Originally posted by kyles bullets View Post
                Thanks for the link and information guys. What would I look for when the UV light is on it? I just want to double check with it just in case....

Comment

Well, bad news for me but thanks for the help and information. I will keep this in mind if I ever see this again.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X