Mein Kampf year of print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mein Kampf year of print

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me the year of print of this Mein Kampf because i cant find it anywhere and also the rough value. Thanks in advance.

As far as I see printed 1940:

http://www.papiersammler.com/antiqua...29loca001.html

Gerdan

Comment

I don't recall seeing a copy of MK from Franz Eher without a publication year. As demand increased over the years, several printings were truncated into a given publication run, creating what shows as "733.--739. Auflage" on your copy. The copy linked by Gerdan shows "529.--533. Auflage" in 1940, so I would imagine that your copy is at least a couple of years later. Perhaps in the later runs they stopped printing a year and just showed the printing run numbers...

Br. James

Comment

In the catalogue of the Badische Landesbibliothek Karlsruhe I found this edition of "Mein Kampf" from 1942:

Mein Kampf : zwei Bände in einem Band / Adolf Hitler. - 737. - 741. Aufl.
        Verfasser: Hitler, Adolf [1889-1945]

Erschienen: München : Zentralverl. d. NSDAP, 1942

Umfang: XXVIII, 781 S. : Ill.

Gerdan

Comment

So would the 737. - 741. Aufl. have no dates on them also? or is this a fairly rare occurance?

Comment

Many thanks for your further research, Gerdan. I do agree that the print run for the undated edition would fall in 1942. The publisher's notation at the bottom of the title page of the undated copy summarizes the production with the following: Total printing of all editions until now is 8,670,000 copies. I'm at a loss to understand why this copy was undated...

Br. James

Comment

Thank you for the information and help, i guess it will be one of those unsolved mysteries as to why the date was not printed .

Comment

Yes, sometimes mysteries remain mysteries, hard as that is to accept! These books were hand-set with hard type, and anything could have been responsible for such a mistake as leaving the date out of the tray! When you compare the different issues of the "SS-Dienstaltersliste" throughout their years of publication, for example, you come to notice many such inconsistencies in type. Though the Nazis would never admit it, they too were fallible! Your book is a nice artifact in its own right.

Br. James

Comment

We found it at my partners grandparents house along with a nice pair of Zeiss artillery binoculars with all the markings among other ww2 items. Unfortunately the grandfather has now passed away so for now the mystery............continues.

Comment

Nice looking book. It appears to be in fine shape !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X