Norwegian NS Nasjonal Samling photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norwegian NS Nasjonal Samling photos

I was lucky enough to get these...any idea where and when?
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

the last one
      Attached Files

Comment

Two men seem to be wearing black panzer uniforms, that would put the photos in southern norway to start with.

I'll ask in a Norwegian forum
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Yes, they are definitely Panzer uniforms. In another shot some Pioniere are wearing the Krimschild. So not early than winter 1942. Thx again for your help.

Comment

A better picture of the church or chapel in the back would definitely help you pinpointing the place. Else there are some other things to note in the picture. The church or chappel is surrounded with houses, and there are some hills in the background. It is mostly birch trees to see. Can't figure out if its pine or spruce in the background. Also a upscaled photo of the pins one of the hird boys are wearing will help.
            Over 30.000 photos from German photo albums, related to Norway

Always looking for photos and photo albums from Norway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
              A better picture of the church or chapel in the back would definitely help you pinpointing the place. Else there are some other things to note in the picture. The church or chappel is surrounded with houses, and there are some hills in the background. It is mostly birch trees to see. Can't figure out if its pine or spruce in the background. Also a upscaled photo of the pins one of the hird boys are wearing will help.
              Ok, I will try to show more details soon. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Someone on one of the Norwegian forums posted a different photo of the cemetery and it shows a lake or fjord to the right as you look towards the chapel, another photo in the same group shows a close up of a couple of the graves and those men are now buried at Oslo alfaset so that combined with the two men in panzer uniform has me thinking somewhere to the North of Oslo where much of panzer division Norwegen\25 Pz.Div. was based.
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Wich forum? I have a book with all churches in Norway, so it should be easy to identify. Nearly half of the chapels should also be there.
                  Over 30.000 photos from German photo albums, related to Norway

Always looking for photos and photo albums from Norway.

Comment

1940.no Tor

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
                      Someone on one of the Norwegian forums posted a different photo of the cemetery and it shows a lake or fjord to the right as you look towards the chapel, another photo in the same group shows a close up of a couple of the graves and those men are now buried at Oslo alfaset so that combined with the two men in panzer uniform has me thinking somewhere to the North of Oslo where much of panzer division Norwegen\25 Pz.Div. was based.
                      I think that Simon is right. I assume that the guys with Krimschild are members of the Pionier Btl 744. This unit was renamed Panzer Pionier Btl. 87 (around 1943) and attached to the 25th Pz.Div. This would perfectly fits.

Comment

Well spotted! We are closing in now.

Comment

Here the other photos from the lot
                          Attached Files

Comment

The mystery is solved, they photos are taken at Gjøvik, this is where Panzer Pionier Btl.87 was based in 1943.

Speculation here but as this seems to be a memorial parade rather than a burial and given the obvious time of year as spring, it could be this is 9th April 1943, commemorating the anniversary of the invasion.

Comment

thank you for showing us this great pictures.

i know one of the NSUF "unghird" shown.

so i asked him, and this is was he told me:

in 1943, a norwegian police man was murdered by a norwegian resistence group in gjøvik. shot in the back on the way home from work, he said.

then he with some fellow students for the Viken Statsgymnas at Gjøvik was asked to come to his burial.

could look like some other memorial / event going on also with the big stone there? i dont know, but i do know that he said that the burial was the reason for his own apperance at this picture, at the norwegian police mans burial,gjøvik -43.

-unglagf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X