Box of Glass Slides About Adolf Hitler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box of Glass Slides About Adolf Hitler

I ran across this box of 60 glass slides about Hitler. I know nothing about such items and wonder if anyone has any information.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Attached Files

Comment

These are propaganda slides for a projector that used that size of plates. Post war they developed the smaller 35mm slides encased in paper for projectors , as these are very delicate being glass. A good find to be not missing or have any cracked or broken. I have a lot of original training films and a leica projector..and once I had a chance to buy a projector that would have used these exact slides, owned by the Rothchilds family, and had a placard on it in san diego, but passed. The Rothchilds were robbed of everything, so it must have been a vet bring back. Nice find, especially with the box, as that adds double to the premium(at least).

Comment

What a spectacular set of slides, Bob! And if the others are as pristine as that of Josef Pommer's Guesthouse which you've shown us, these tell the story of Hitler's life from earliest times. A tip of the hat to Goebbels' Ministry for creating these, and to you for sharing them with us!

Br. James

Comment

theres a guy on here, ispring i think his name is....he collects colour slides but im sure he would know a thing or two about these.......k

Comment

Bob, I'm quite sure Ron Distlehorst turned up a set similar to yours in the late 80's (although I don't recall if he had a complete or partial set). If I remember correctly, he wanted a good bit of money for them.
            Best,
            Fred

Comment

The vet's family allowed me to take them to photo and to research to make them a fair offer. I have no idea what is a fair value for them. I bought everything else, but did not want to buy these until I knew to offer them a fair price.

Bob Hritz

Comment

They could conservatively easily bring 50. each if sold alone, and that's around three grand, and if together complete as this with the box, who knows....it can only be speculated ,but looking at what some folks pay for regular German WW2 photos, we have had much interest in photographs in the last several years, and the prices are just continuing to go up. I would offer her 1500. Certainly can't get hurt at that price as American cash is becoming more worthless (as we see prices of everything going up, like food and staples, gasoline and medical care. I hope you score, and they get a decent price. I would wager there are few sets of these in existence , I hope you do not break any.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X