VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chaim Rumkowski Lodz ghetto Elder of the Jews signed document. Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaim Rumkowski Lodz ghetto Elder of the Jews signed document. Original?

Hi. I purchased this nice document. I was told it is handsigned by Chaim Mordechai Rumkowski, the famous Elder of the Jews of the Jewish Council in the ghetto of Litzmannstadt or Lodz. I was told that signature is original as well as document. The paper is somehow thicker than usual, and all the document is in black ink but the signature, which is in blue ink and stamps, which are also in blue ink. I need to know if this signature is handwritten and not a stamped or printed one. I had some bad experiences in the past with Himmler signatures which turned out to be printed and stamped. What's your opinion on this? Any expert could help me out? I have taken some close-ups of the signature in order to show you the details of it. I hope that helps! Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'm not familiar with his signature, but I'm sorry to say that it does not look handwritten. It has many characteristics of a stamped/printed signature. Handwritten signatures display uneven ink flow and often one can make out nib pressure and crossovers. I would expect more bleeding into the paper from a handwritten ink signature on what appears to be low grade paper. Your example does not bode well. Sorry.
                Max.

Comment

Oh, cannot believe this. Another printed one which was bought as handwritten...I give up. I won't buy more signatures. 2 Himmlers turned out to be printed/stamped, and now this one. Sincerely, I give up... You would ask for a refund without any doubt right Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Gernika81 View Post
                    Oh, cannot believe this. Another printed one which was bought as handwritten...I give up. I won't buy more signatures. 2 Himmlers turned out to be printed/stamped, and now this one. Sincerely, I give up... You would ask for a refund without any doubt right Max?
                    This needs to be looked at under strong magnification and without it one cannot be certain. However, I'd be very surprised if it turned out to be handwritten for the reasons given after looking at your images. The main pointer is the quality of the paper which appears to be low grade. With low grade paper, fountain pen ink bleeds heavily whereas stamped ink or printer ink does not tend to do so to such an extent. Check it against the number 9 in the file reference at the top left. That looks handwritten and you can see heavy bleeding.
                    Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X