EK 1 Award Doc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 1 Award Doc.

Hi, Can someone fill me in on the size of the award document that came with an Iron Cross 1st Class WW2. ie cm x cm.? This is mine and would like to know if it's good. Thanks
    Attached Files

This style is 14x20cm typically.

Yours looks good despite the poor scan. With a higher quality color scan we would be able to determine for sure though...

The units and signature seem to be correct though. Jäger-Regiment 228 was a part of the 101. Jäger-Division and your signature is for DK and RK winner Generalleutnant Dr. Walter Aßmann who commanded the division towards the end of the war. It doesn't appear to be a stamped signature either, but once again with a better scan we can determine that for sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Assmann

Comment

Looks good to me and Brandon has summed it up,The quality (EK Motif,Short description etc) wasnt as good as the earlier year variety BUT imo its a good one

Ross

Comment

IMO original document, no problem.

Comment

http://www.germancombatawards.com/th...threadid=39949

the same division

Comment

Helene

3./Jäger Rgt.228 saw a lot of action and was for a company well above average in the number of men gaining high awards.

1 oakleaves
            1 knights cross
            3 DKiG
            3 CCC in gold
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

thanks guys, that is good news you have made my day. I have another doco for the same guy, Johann Gast, but not quite sure what it is. It is for a "Kubanschild" I will post the photo.

Comment

Kubanschild

This is the "Kubanschild". Can anyone fill me in on this award. Unfortunately the scan has not shown it's true colour. It is darker and yellow. the paper is very heavy. I have an EK 1 award doco. for the same guy.
                Attached Files

Comment

Do you have all his award documents or just these two?

he should at least have an EKII and IAB as well, but quite likely more.
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon, I only have these two, but i was given a photo with these awards and was told that it was the recipient. As i don't know what he looks like, i can not say it's him. He is in uniform but is not wearing any of his awards.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X