Great Uncle After the War with TR swag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Uncle After the War with TR swag

Hey all, just wanted to share this picture that I found over the holidays of my Great Uncle after he returned from the war. As you can see, he has got some TR bring-back goodies! Does anyone know what kind of pistol he is holding? I will post this in the firearms section as well.

My great uncle was a "kangaroo" driver in the Canadian armed forced during the war and saw a lot of action in Holland, apparently (although he doesn't speak about it much, he's still around- almost 90!) The visor is still in his possession and perhaps he will hand it on one day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaro...sonnel_carrier)

Cheers!

Andrew

Hello Andrew.

To me the pistol looks like a US police type weapon, not Axis and not military. Certain Third Reich personalities had private pistols made but not revolver types as far as I know.

As you say it is a postwar photo ( he isn't in uniform), doesn't mean he picked it up in Europe.

Nice photo.

Chris.

Comment

Very true, he mentioned a pistol once that he traded for on the boat back from Europe so this could be it but it could certainly be a different one. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X