Hess signature on letter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hess signature on letter.

Hello everybody. I saw this on the e-stand and would like to hear if anybody would care to comment about it's authenticity.
    I know the authentication of signatures is tricky but this one looks like a good one to me.
    It certainly seems to me to be signed rather than stamped or autopenned as I believe I can see the drag marks of the pens nib and the cross over lines where the nib goes over a line it has already drawn.
    It conforms pretty closely to the examples from this period that I've seen in the course of my research and has the slight curve to it that I've seen often in Hess signatures. The lower loop on the f seems a little fat and I've not seen the little dot above the l before but that must be almost microscopic at real size.
    Anyway I'd like to see what you lot think. What do you reckon ?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=656851

Thanks for reading.

The scans are not that good and they make the signature appear printed. Possibly it is a facsimile signature, but better images should determine if that is the case.
    Max.

Comment

I've got some more pictures. I'm not sure if these make the issue at hand any clearer but I've done some zooming in which may help - any further comments are of course greatly appreciated.

Comment

I've received some more scans.
        Would anyone like to offer further opinions ?

Comment

there is bleeding in the paper from the ink but it does appear stamped to me non the less. hope im wrong

Comment

Hi Yeoman,

While I cannot comment authoritatively as to the originality of the signature on your document, I must wonder why Rudolf Hess' signature would appear on the letterhead of Dr. Hans Heinrich Lammers, who had held the position of Reichsminister and Chief of the Reich Chancellery since 1933? Hess had been appointed Deputy Führer in 1933, as well, so both men had used their individual letterhead stationery for six years before this letter was apparently written.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X