Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krim Shield Documents

Greetings All,
    I would like to share some scans of the Krim Schild documents that I acquired at the the SoS. I consider the second document to be unusual as it is not signed by the normal GFM Manstein document stamp.
    Attached Files

The final document is also unusual and I have not been able to find out anything about Batterie 744 in teh Lexicon der Wehrmacht. I first thought it was some kind of Army Coastal Artillery unit but I could find no listing with this number. maybe some member could share their knowledge on this unit.

Thanks in advance to all that reply.
    Marion
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mwliles View Post
      The final document is also unusual and I have not been able to find out anything about Batterie 744 in teh Lexicon der Wehrmacht. I first thought it was some kind of Army Coastal Artillery unit but I could find no listing with this number. maybe some member could share their knowledge on this unit.

Thanks in advance to all that reply.
      Marion
      This battery consisted of two 28cm coastal howitzers (28cm Küsten.Hb.) and was grouped under Harko 306 for the massive 5-day preliminary bombardment on Sevastopol in June 1942.

All the best,
      Jason

Comment

I have my doubts about all 3 citations. The first one looks like it has been artificially aged and the signature on the second looks suspect. What is the Feldpost Number on the stamp of the 2nd one? GR390 was part of 215 ID which spent from 1941 to 1945 with Army Group North so didn't go anywhere near the Crimea. Of course the soldier might of served with a different unit and was then posted to GR 390 but I don't like the signature. And with the third the date stamp just doesn't look right. I have two examples dated for November & December 1942 and the '1942' bits on mine are the same as each other but both look different to the one on the example shown here. It looks kind of modern.
        Last edited by hucks216; 03-07-2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

IF #2 is good, it's a true rarity. In my short collecting time (10 yrs or so...) ALL Krim docs have been signed (stamped) by GFM von Manstein.

I too have very serious doubts about it. Without some sort of further proof, all I can say is I hope you didn't pay a lot for it.

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Also, the Field Post Number appears to have an L in front of the number, which would mean Luftwaffe.
            Jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X