Captive French officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captive French officer

Hello, here is an odd request. Is it possible to work out the rank of the little French officer? He certainly has a very fancy chinstrap to his helmet, but, unless the smears on his cuffs are stars or some such, he has only the bars on his shoulder. Although I live in France French uniform and the rank system are a complete mystery to me. Thanks for looking and for any answers or comments,
    Kerry.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by kerryboo View Post
    Hello, here is an odd request. Is it possible to work out the rank of the little French officer? He certainly has a very fancy chinstrap to his helmet, but, unless the smears on his cuffs are stars or some such, he has only the bars on his shoulder. Although I live in France French uniform and the rank system are a complete mystery to me. Thanks for looking and for any answers or comments,
    Kerry.
    2 stars on his cuff = Général de Brigade
    the first rank in the officer general list

Comment

Thank you novedvory, very interesting, I would think he was involved in some sort of surrender, at that high rank. I will try to find out who he was, although, I would imagine, there were a vast number of Generals in the French army of 1940.
      Best Regards,
      Kerry.

Comment

Is there a divisional emblem on the German car in the background? That might help narrow down the search.

Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X