Cammo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cammo question

What kind of cammo pattern is this? You cant really tell from the pic i took but it looks like its all one piece.
    Eric
    Attached Files

Soviet (as was worn by snipers, scouts and other troops)?

Best regards/ Daniel

Comment

So this is Soviet? I got this with a bunch of German pics,I wonder if this guy is Russian or if it was "liberated"?

Eric.

Comment

Hi Eric,
        When I use to do more modelling, I bought this book for painting reference, so as I have borrowed these pic's from it, firstly I will credit the book in case anyone wants to buy it..... Brassey's Book of Camouflage ISBN 1 8573 164 7

Your camo pic is of the Russian camo worn during the war

Here's an example of possibly two female snipers dated 1941, the camo is more clearly seen on the woman on the left
        Attached Files
        Regards
        Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Here's a coloured photo of the camo, please note that the red dots are from the reproduction scan, the colours are beige and a red brown
          Attached Files
          Regards
          Si

Comment

Where as the fallschirmjäger splinter pattern is different again... You will find that some Eastern block countries after the war either use surplus German stock to make their own camo, or even copied them and adjusted them slightly for their own armies.

I hope this is of some help to yu.
            Attached Files
            Regards
            Si

Comment

Thanks!!!

Eric.

Comment

Hate to dredge up an old link, but I do digress from the final verdict.

Something's odd about the camo in this photo. The pattern has alot of straight edges and the like, unusual for the amoeba pattern. Also, I have never, ever seen amoeba camo used in anything other than the one or two-piece pull-overs, or post-war on vesh-myeschocks (sp?). If you look closely, I'm fairly certain that whatever this chap is wearing has a collar, similiar to the cut of M35 style tunics... And are those shorts I see?

Does anybody have any clue what this is? A field-modified two-piece camo suit, maybe?

~Gavin

Comment

Ill try and get a better pic sometime this week, They do look like shorts dont they hahahah

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X