Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Sturmbannfuhrer Prinze Eugen- Who is he?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Sturmbannfuhrer Prinze Eugen- Who is he?

I guys, I picked up this photograph last week. for me it's all about the Blutorden ribbon on his pocket, he is also a GPB holder. However I think this is also an SS collectors dream due to the collar tables and cuff
    There can't be too many Officers in this division (out of the 500 ish) with the blood order and gold party badge. Plus he is farily distinctive with his Hitler style tash. anyone can ID him?
    Thanks,
    Jon
    Attached Files

Jon:

Absolutely SSuperb photo there...clearly a Green Piped SS Officers Visor (a rarity in itself), full membership SS Runes on lower left breast, PE Cufftitle and Tab (Tab worn, but not favored by majority of the German blooded Officers of this Division), GPB and Blood Order ribbon....

Good luck with ID'ing this Officer....

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

I checked in Otto Kumm's book Prinz Eugen im Bild and John Moore's Führerliste der Waffen-SS. That's Hans Feierlein, the V (Divisionsingenieur) on the divisional staff. He was born in 1904 in Munich, so it isn't too surprising to see that in 1923, at the age of 19, he took part in the Beer Hall Putsch there, and later got the Blood Order for it.

Comment

i bet mark yerger would know about him.......k
        Last edited by karlo; 02-28-2013, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X