BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inedit private photos of Himmler visiting the front?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inedit private photos of Himmler visiting the front?

Hi everybody. I have some doubts regarding these photos of Himmler. It seems that Himmler is surrounded by some SS high ranked officers. These private photos could have been taken by a soldier or officer during a visit of Himmler to the front in the east? Any high ranked officer can be recognized there? We can definitely omit the possibility that Himmler was visiting Einsatzgruppen right? I know that Reichsführer visited once one Aktion from the Einsatzgruppen and he felt really upset and sick as long as I know. I imagine that visit more private and in situ, not hundred meters away from the Aktion. What do you think?
    Attached Files

This is definitely not a visit to the front. It is a military exercise, as can be seen by the cap worn by the man on the extreme left in the first photo.
    Max.

Comment

the first pic appears to show the war games white cap band around officers cap

Comment

Looks like a military exercise by the Totenkopf Division in the winter 1940/41. In the pictures you can identify Eicke, Wolff, and (I think) Simon and Lammerding.

Comment

I agree with Eicke and Wolff...I cant recognize those other 2 officers...but it seems that next to Eicke (3rd from the left - 3rd photo) is Friedrich Jeckeln. What do you think?
          Michal

Comment

Could well be Jeckeln. However I was guessing it could be Hermann Priess.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X