Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing them. Peter

Comment

Very nice pictures Andre Thanks for sharing them. Is that Max Wunsche wearing a leather black jacket?

Btw perhaps you should put some watermark on them to protect them against the "Netlifters"

Regards

Erwin

Comment

Amazing photos....love the photo of Meyer on his own....truly excellent one of the best photos of Meyer i've ever seen,thank you so much for sharing them.
        Winterdan

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, Andre, and thanks for posting them. I knew Charles had permission, but he never told me how those photos had turned up, after so many years. He also published the one on the Axmann page, the middle of the three on the right. I noticed when I saw it in his book, that the man all the way to the right (in Stug. uniform and peaked NCO cap) is Rudolf Roy, soon to be awarded the RK.

Comment

Willibald Mohnke.
            Max Wünsche.
            Kurt Meyer.
            Gerd Bremer.
            (same photobook).

Does someone know the name of the dog on this pic?

André-Flandersmilitaria.
            Attached Files

Comment

Excellent photographs!

While images of Kurt Meyer and Wilhelm Mohnke abound, images of Erich Olboeter are seldom encountered.

Really nice to see such clear images with excellent subject matter.

Regards Richard.
              Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Friends,

Can someone the names from the first and the last name.
                The others are,........,Fritz Witt,Hubert Meter,Siegfried Rothemund,......(probably Beck).
                They are visiting a NCO school.
                (same photobook).

André-Flandersmilitaria.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vandewynckel A. View Post
                  Friends,

Can someone the names from the first and the last name.
                  The others are,........,Fritz Witt,Hubert Meter,Siegfried Rothemund,......(probably Beck).
                  They are visiting a NCO school.
                  (same photobook).

André-Flandersmilitaria.
                  This photo is in Hubert Meyer's History of the 12. SS-PD HJ, but I had to do a little digging to get the full story.

The man at left is Leopold Bubenzer, who commanded the Kampfschule in the divisional Feldersatz Bataillon 12 (commanded by Georg Urabl). Bubenzer was leading a course for NCO candidates during May 1944. Witt, Hubert Meyer, and Rothemund (in his role as IIa, Witt's Adjutant), were visiting the course to check on the progress. Wilhelm Beck was with them because he was leading a similar course for officer candidates. Those who were successful in the courses were then sent to NCO or officer schools for full training.

Bubenzer went on to take command of SS-PG AuE Bataillon 12. Beck was nominally a Panzer officer, but was being groomed for bigger things, probably for General Staff training. He became I. SS-Panzerkorps' liaison officer at Panzer Group West's HQ, and was killed in the bombing of that HQ in the evening of June 10, 1944.

Comment

Thanks MarcRiksmenspoel for your input.

Andre

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X