No announcement yet.

Outstanding "Camo StuG" Photo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's an incredible cool picture from a camoed stug with kill rings. thank you, mr Hundestaffel.

Henner must be very fortunate to have "two groupies" who are always so helpfull in posting photos from his private collection. I can only dream off having one myself. . But unfortunately i don't have such a beautifull collection which attracts such helpfull collectors. But jokes aside. Have you ever thought about explaining Henner about how to post attachements or opening a thread. Then for instance the credits would go directly to a person who really deserves it. If he wants i can give him a free workshop. No problem.

Regards

Erwin
    Last edited by Erwin L; 02-07-2013, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hundestaffel View Post
      A Closer view of our StuG man.....*** note the grey backed tabs as opposed to the black backed tabs as seen in the first photo of this thread...
      Also notice the "P" (Panzerjäger) ciphers on his shoulder straps and pink piping on the collar tabs

Like I said earlier, outstanding photos

Best,
      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer Rob View Post
        Also notice the "P" (Panzerjäger) ciphers on his shoulder straps and pink piping on the collar tabs

Like I said earlier, outstanding photos

Best,
        Rob
        Hi Rob, wouldn't the piping be Red seeing it is an Assault gun wrap? I believe they all wore the piping of artillery....

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
          Hi Rob, wouldn't the piping be Red seeing it is an Assault gun wrap? I believe they all wore the piping of artillery....

Kevin

Kevin-

To refer to any field gray wrap simply as an "Assault gun wrap" or "StuG wrap" is not accurate because it implies that the jacket was only issued to/worn by personnel crewing Sturmgeschütz; The official designation is feldgrau Sonderbekleidung and in fact it was issued to personnel serving in a host of other roles, not just assault gun crews.

Field gray wraps worn by Sturmartillerie personnel would have tabs and shoulder straps piped with red waffenfarbe. Self propelled Panzerjäger personnel issued field gray wraps would wear collar tabs and shoulder straps piped in pink wafferfrabe. Some Panzer-Pionier personnel were equipped with field gray Sonderbekleidung and wore tabs and shoulder straps piped in black (as well as black and white twist) wafferfrabe. Some Panzer-Aufklärungs personnel were issued field gray wraps and their tabs and straps would have been piped in cavalry yellow. Field gray wraps were even issued to Skijäger personnel and I believe those would have had tabs and straps piped in a light/medium green.

The "P" cipher on this NCO's shoulder straps indicates that he was a Panzerjäger and the photo of him standing in front of the Sturmgeschütz suggests he was serving in a self-propelled Panzerjäger unit equipped with StuG.IIIs so he would be wearing pink waffenfarbe.

Hope this helps!
          Rob

Comment

Indeed it does! Thanks Rob!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
              Indeed it does! Thanks Rob!

Kevin

No problem Kevin! Glad I could help

Rob

Comment

That is a great set of photos. I really love the STUG.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
                  That is a great set of photos. I really love the STUG.
                  It's a beauty

Rob

Comment

# 10

Here the text:

"Jeder Ring ein russischer Panzer.

Aufgenommen nach der Befreiung aus dem Keseel von Baranow "Großer Weichselbogen" -

August 1944"

Gerdan

Comment

# 12

Here the German text:

" Meine Pz. (Pazer) Besatzung. - Kannst Du mich noch erkennen? - August 1944 - Im großen

Weichselbogen bei Baranow"

My tank crew. Are you able to identify me? - August 1944 ...

Gerdan

Comment

Hello

Great picture!

Thanks for sharing!
                        Best buckeru

Comment

Hi,

I have a group of items (300+ photographs and seventeen letters) to a man who served in the Infantry originally.

rty during the French campaign, then was in the Feldgendarmerie in occupied France.
                          He them became a panzer commander on the Eastern Front, (panzer III ) and eventually was a STUG commander before being killed on the final day of the battle of Cherkasy.
                          His brother was killed in the Korsun pocket later, he was a Panzer Jager; and his body could not be recovered as he "was killed by a direct hit by a Soviet shell"
                          Ironically, fhe Panzer commander was a shop window dresser before the war and some letters attest to his artristic performance.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X