Rochus Misch Autograph. Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rochus Misch Autograph. Fake?

Bought this item on eBay. Guy has perfect feedback, nearly 1000. Claims he meets with Mr Misch once and a while. Signature looks super smooth to me. There are lighter parts and some very tiny spots of ink missing, but I'm afraid it may not be authentic. What do you all think? Thank you very much - John

Hi: Mr Misch firm and send many photos if the people required....years ago you can write to him and Rochus send back a couple of signed photos to the sender, today is still alive but i dont know if continue with that good habit...saludos

Comment

No, Herr Misch does not reply anymore. He gave, in his words his "last interview", during May 2011, and asked for a little overdue peace. Even then, his bath was reportedly overflowing with mail that was yet to be opened. His signature is a common one, due to his willingness to correspond for many, many years.

Regards,

Carl

Comment

I understand he doesn't answer mail anymore, but based off these photos, and my description of the smoothness of the signature, is it likely fake? I've never seen this texture in a marker before.

Comment

Article on Misch's last interview

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...last-interview

Comment

Rochus Misch signed photo

Jojomo91, your R.M. signature is identical to the signature on the 2 signed pics
            he mailed to me about 8 years ago. Dont worry and enjoy you photo.

Comment

I agree - 100% original

I agree, Signature 100% original Tom

Comment

What point is there faking a signature written thousands of times? I could care less about Misch and even I have two signed photos (a German friend gave them to me). Looks like this particular photo was stored in a plastic sleeve, humidity built up and caused blotching on the ink.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your opinions. I've been getting into the signature collecting recently. I guess Third Reich signatures aren't faked as often as your average celebrity autographs are, which I used to collect. Anybody know any reliable places online to find good signatures at a fair price?

Comment

Originally posted by jojomo91 View Post
                    Thank you everyone for your opinions. I've been getting into the signature collecting recently. I guess Third Reich signatures aren't faked as often as your average celebrity autographs are, which I used to collect.
                    You don't even have to be famous.
                    Somebody faked my signature about 20 years ago, in a bank check washing scheme. The police showed me examples and said they were closing in on a ring that was doing it, but never heard anything after that. The bank did give me back my money though.

Comment

You're good to go, here are the ones I came across...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=566948

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X