SS member in front of a camp / prison Lindental area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS member in front of a camp / prison Lindental area

Any idea where this might have been taken?
    Attached Files

Lindenthal is part of Köln/Cologne. But I do not know if there was a prison or a camp.

Gerdan

Comment

Hello.

Are you sure it is a camp or prison and not a factory or other building.

Not great security if there is a ladder next to the wall unless that is the reason for the photo.

Regards,
      Chris.

Comment

Christian, four of the KL-Buchenwald sub camps were located at Koln. Namely, Koln I and II, which dealt with power supplies, construction and repairs operations, Koln-Deutz, that was part of the motorworks company Vereinigte Westdeutsche Waggonfabriken AG, who also assisted with the defusal of bombs, and finally Koln-Niehl, location of the Ford-Werke AG, headed by Robert Schmidt. Workers at the Ford-Werke manufactured trucks and armoured personnel carriers for the Wehrmacht, and later, turbine engines for use in the V-2 weapons.

Regards,

Carl

Comment

Thanks for the comments. For me it looks like he´s standing in front of a wall with barbed wire holder. So i don´t know if it is really a camp, prison or a factory as Carl stated.

Maybe somebody can have a look in the NARA files for the Name of the SS member Edwin Döring (as far as i can read) maybe this lead to a conclusion?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X