Opinions on Hitler signatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread my friend !

2b stands a chance IMO as a mid 30s signature. I wouldn't be comfortable with the other ones.

Comment

Any other opinions? It's not a test, but the examples are there for discussion.

Comment

Just my opinion of course, but here's what I think:
        1A......forgery.
        1B......I am advised this example is from an Urkunde. It appears that it might be a facsimile and is typical of the variations found on award documents.
        2A......authentic.
        2B......authentic.
        3A......forgery.
        3B......forgery.
        4A......forgery.
        4B......forgery.
        5A......forgery.
        5B......forgery. However, this is an exceptionally well executed forgery and I am aware that it is considered by some to be authentic.
        Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
          Just my opinion of course, but here's what I think:
          1A......forgery.
          1B......I am advised this example is from an Urkunde. It appears that it might be a facsimile and is typical of the variations found on award documents.
          2A......authentic.
          2B......authentic.
          3A......forgery.
          3B......forgery.
          4A......forgery.
          4B......forgery.
          5A......forgery.
          5B......forgery. However, this is an exceptionally well executed forgery and I am aware that it is considered by some to be authentic.
          Max.
          Very interesting! Thanks Max. I see the one I chose - 5B - is a "maybe". Gives me a little bit of a warm fuzzy. However, I'm not going to run out and start buying Hitler autographs!

all the best,
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Same with me, with 5B. It looks so good.... but is lacking the cross mark on the H of Hitler (not that that was conclusive for me).

I'm curious why he used that cross mark anyway. It doesn't seem to add anything to a natural writing of the H-i combination.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
              It is a facsimile version of his signature from an Urkunde. Here is another example of it.
              In his books, Charles Hamilton describes this variant as being the most 'artful' and the hardest facsimile type to tell apart from a hand signed variant due to the lack of air bubbles etc...

Comment

Ahhhhhhh.... it just occured to me... maybe the 'cross mark' on the H was his way of 'dotting the i' .

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
                  It is a facsimile version of his signature from an Urkunde. Here is another example of it.
                  In his books, Charles Hamilton describes this variant as being the most 'artful' and the hardest facsimile type to tell apart from a hand signed variant due to the lack of air bubbles etc...
                  Thanks Hucks. That confirms it.
                  Apart from the authentic 2A and 2B, plus the good effort at 5B, I think all the others are obvious fakes.
                  Max.

Comment

Originally posted by desiro View Post
                    3b looks ok but 3a doesnt.4a possible 4b nope.I dont like 5a or 5b,2a maybe 2b nope,1a nope 1b possible.

Andy
                    Percentage wise, I think i won boys even with the few wrong answers and i didnt cheat by checking
                    my AH signed doc Im shocked 3b is a forgery,the small letters do look a little to big maybe.
                    Last edited by desiro; 01-10-2013, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Great Thread ! This is what makes TR items so much fun !

The Chase

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Adem View Post
                        After a quick glance, 2a and 2b look good. Possibly 5b as well. 1b could be but it looks like a common printed version.
                        Adem well done! Your Hitler signature opinion is right up there with Max as tops on this forum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X