SS Hohenstaufen Urkunde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Hohenstaufen Urkunde

Any idea about the originality? These are the only shots I can show you. Any inputs is highly appreciated.
    Attached Files

last one
    Attached Files

Comment

I know the unit designation makes no sense, but this is what you often see on WB docs from rear area hospitals.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
        I know the unit designation makes no sense, but this is what you often see on WB docs from rear area hospitals.
        Thx Simon, so no red flags in the stamp (same name as the hospital)?

Comment

IMHO good one
          (was sold in October on MFF as small grouping with photo and Postsparbuch)

Comment

I agree with Simon. The unit designation would be an issue if this was not on a hospital awarded citation. This location of the hospital makes some sense too given its proximity to the fighting in France (although that doesn't always apply). I think the doc is probably good. One question... was it common for hospitals and similar institutions to have SS typewriters?

Comment

Originally posted by kuratorium View Post
              IMHO good one
              (was sold in October on MFF as small grouping with photo and Postsparbuch)
              Now I see that the grouping is for sale again, but this time through another seller...

Comment

Now I see that the grouping is for sale again, but this time through another seller...
                LOL

thx for you help guys! I had to pass on this one.

Comment

Hi,

I have an award document to a Schutz in a Waffen SS "Totenkopf" Infantary regiment, who was shot in the head in Demjansk, and after being transferred to a Military Hospital in Riga (Latvia) died twelve days later,
                  He died in September 1942, and his Russian Front Medal was posthumously sent to his family in December 1943 (Merry Christmas!) and apparently this office also did not have an SS rune typewriter.
                  Sent from a Wehrmacht office in Berlin, with Wehrmacht office rubber stamp; signature of the serving Major - never folded and original recorded delivery envelope with covering letter.
                  I often wonder how this family felt, recieving this letter one year after their only son's death, (aged 18) just before Christmas 1943.
                  To quote a song "War! wgat is it good for? Absolutely nothing!"

Best wishes,

John

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
                    I agree with Simon. The unit designation would be an issue if this was not on a hospital awarded citation. This location of the hospital makes some sense too given its proximity to the fighting in France (although that doesn't always apply). I think the doc is probably good. One question... was it common for hospitals and similar institutions to have SS typewriters?
                    I believe many military and government offices and even civilians had typewriters with the SS runic key, not just SS units.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                      I believe many military and government offices and even civilians had typewriters with the SS runic key, not just SS units.
                      Fully agree and please note that contrariwise also not all SS-offices was in possession of SS-typewriters.
                      Here you go both examples:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Fully agree and please note that contrariwise also not all SS-offices was in possession of SS-typewriters.
                        Here you go both examples:
                        Great information and examples. Thanks guys. Very interesting to see SS units with out the SS typewriters.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X