Research of award documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Research of award documents

Having picked up a couple of interesting award document groups and their medals and badges. One to a KG 30 Pilot (includes a 120 page POW diary - still being translated) and the other to a JG 54 Pilot, I have managed to get some great breakthroughs with their research, including locating their wives. This task has been made harder by not speaking/writing German as I have to get all my letters translated. My interest in this area is more to do with the lives people caught up in war than war itself and as such I am always keen to talk to wives and family members of veterans who may be able to provide some interesting insights into what it was like living in those turbulent years.

Overall I have found the research process very rewarding but often frustrating, a case in point is getting service records for German veterans, all attempts have been unsuccessful to date but this seemingly innocuous information would be invaluable to me, and yet it is hard to get. So I was wondering if anyone could share the secrets of their success. Is there anyone in Germany who provides a research service?

Cheers

Colin

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X