Transitional Tunic SS Collar Tabs Army Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting photo SS Collar Tabs, SS sword, Army Helmet, Army Eagle, Different Parade Belt. Cuff Band.

Peter.
    Attached Files

If that came across the estand there would be a discussion to be sure! very nice photo!

Kevin

Comment

Yes it be interesting to hear everyones view, the pictures an early one. Three out of four tunics are transitional.

Peter.

Comment

ss

The picture shows a SS officer attending a Army course.

Comment

I do not think these officers would wear parade tunics,sabers, parade belts, plus their medals to attend a course. I would be interested in opinions why, the SS officer wears army items.

Peter

Comment

Sonderfuhrer, making transition into the SS ??

My guess.

Mike

Comment

It's probably from 1938, when 200 SS-VT officers were sent to the Heer for several months. This was to expose them to Heer training and ways of operating, and to allow the Heer to judge the competency of the Junkerschule graduates. Apparently, most made a very good impression.

During the time with the Heer, the officers sometimes wore SS uniforms, with the eagle moved to the right breast. I have a photo in one of my books showing Paul Albert "Peter" Kausch wearing such a uniform during this time.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X