Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/permissioncontext.php on line 904 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/permissioncontext.php on line 904 Concentration Camp glass negatives - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concentration Camp glass negatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concentration Camp glass negatives

As I posted in many threads I inherited a huge WWII estate and just came across 12 or so glass negatives showing prisoners in the concentration camps. Some of the photos are found on the US Holocaust Museum website but I've got the original negatives. Not quite sure why they used glass negatives, in the center of the glass is the negative and a measuring gauge on the outside. Has anyone every come across WWII glass negatives before? Also, how should I preserve them? Unfortunately 2 or 3 are broke but I have the pieces and they've been taped back only on the outside, tape is not on the actual negative. Sorry I don't have any photos yet. I'm trying to handle them as little as possible until I can get them protected better.

here's a link to a paper written on the preservation of glass negatives, this might be a good starting point.

http://www.webjunction.org/documents...Negatives.html

Comment

Here is an example of the negatives.

Comment

Originally posted by 24th_infantry View Post
        Here is an example of the negatives.

I think your image is the same as this color image, 2 SS men murdered by inmates after their liberation. Sorry, I know the pic is gut wrenching but Im sure most will agree its the same image. regards, Richard
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
          I think your image is the same as this color image, 2 SS men murdered by inmates after their liberation. Sorry, I know the pic is gut wrenching but Im sure most will agree its the same image. regards, Richard
          I would agree with your assumption Richard! perhaps from a little different angle though? Man those guys were beaten all to hell! I would guess the stones in the photo had something to do with the bruised and beaten faces!

Kevin

Comment

Wow, looking at the negative it does look similar. Where did you find that photo? I'm really torn about what to do with these negatives. I was just thinking of loaning them to the Holocaust Museum and allowing myself to retain ownership. I'd really like some opinions. What would you do in this situation? Plus, I imagine these negatives are worth a decent amount and there might be researchers interested in copies and such.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X