Gestapo personal file cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gestapo personal file cover

Greetings all! I would like to get some input on this item before I potentially list it on the E-STAND. I purchased it some years ago and the only one I have seen for sale that was the same format, was a blank unused example. I had it professionally framed and if required I could pull the frame apart and remove the file, if extra images are required. Obviously it is completely UV negative. If you look closely the heading "Geheime Staatspolizei" appears to have had some thing else stuck over the top of it at some stage (perhaps used post war?). It is approx. 210mm by 310mm as it appears in the frame. It looks as if it has got some mold on it at some stage (now inert). Any information gratefully accepted!

I'm sorry to say that it all looks rather contrived to me and I strongly suspect it to be a fake item. The handwriting is typical of modern day bad forgery.
    Max.

Comment

And it is very unusual the put a stamp/official seal in the cover of a personal file.

Gerdan

Comment

Not looking good the for this one!

Thanks for the input thus far. It would be nice to see a legit one, if they do indeed exist? I did see a blank version of exactly the same form some time ago, but that might have been bogus too!

Cheers,

David

Comment

Handwriting

I might post some more photos, as I noticed for some reason the ink has appeared in the photos as a rather odd shade of the actual quite faded blue!

Comment

A few originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
              And it is very unusual the put a stamp/official seal in the cover of a personal file.

Gerdan

Correct. Not withstanding that the stamp is also a fake that has adorned many a bogus Gestapo/SD document that have flooded the market, most of which have come from Germania International.

Here is the same stamp on one of their docs that is still on their site but has been sold.

Comment

Many thanks!

Thank you Gentleman from saving me from looking like an idiot (and shifty!) and listing this "document" on the E-STAND! I guess this is why so many people recommend the WAF site. In the few months that I have been utilising this forum I have only had good experiences! It is especially valuable, as I have found, when seeking an honest opinion on items that are out of one's area of knowledge (I collect mostly Luftwaffe items). Fortunately, this has been the one and only fake item out of the ones I have listed for comment.

I think that the verdict is well and truly in on this one - FAKE!!

Many thanks to g hanson for going to so much trouble!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X