SS Truppenausweis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Truppenausweis

Any thoughts as to why the photograph would be pasted over the lower punch hole , which you can see from the reverse) on this truppenasuweis?

Thanks

Spencer
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
    Any thoughts as to why the photograph would be pasted over the lower punch hole , which you can see from the reverse) on this truppenasuweis?

Thanks

Spencer
    Yes, my first impression is that it is a forgery. I suspect that the photo has been added later along with ink stamps. The other suspect thing is the signature which does not look natural at all. Without proper examination I could be wrong, but I think it's a fake.
    Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
      Yes, my first impression is that it is a forgery. I suspect that the photo has been added later along with ink stamps. The other suspect thing is the signature which does not look natural at all. Without proper examination I could be wrong, but I think it's a fake.
      Max.
      agree 100%, I think also.

Comment

Turppenausweis NARA

With the Truppenausweis I received a number of photo copies from NARA

this is one with a photo
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Spencer; 11-26-2012, 03:38 PM. Reason: mispelling

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
          Max.

I know the collection this came out of before it was sold to the individual who recently offered it on the estand and the source is basically impeccable (this one was offered to me several years ago). I agree with what you are saying and not knowing where it came from it I'd share the same concerns, however the ID is 100% legit.

Rob

Comment

SS-Truppenausweis

If this ID is for a SS-Sturmbahnführer why is the guy in the photo wearing what looks like an Army uniform?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X