No announcement yet.

SS Engagement (Verlobung) Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i at least appreciate your time and effort mate, 10 from 10 for the try

Comment

Good research, Capt. R. I have tried to read the posted documents and from as much as I can decipher, offer my comments below for consideration.

The documents shown by Capt. R. all appear to relate to the same Hans Vogel. The birthdate (27.8.1919) corresponds in several places. As well, the Koenigsberg (Pr) reference (birthplace) jives with the card above.

The SS document dated 26. Nov. 1941 relates to a formal "Verlobungsgesuch" or request for permission to become engaged/married. Vogel's rank at that time is shown as being "SS Unterscharfueher".

The "Sippenkarte" shown Vogel's future wife as being one Elfriede Meyer.

As well, the documents dated 7.12.1941 and 7.14.1941 appear to relate to a questionaire to be completed by an SS man applying for permission to become engaged/married (Verlobungsgesuch), in this case Elfriede Meyer. This would presumably be a preliminary formality to the formal request for permission noted above.

It is possible to imagine that Vogel was either refused permission to marry this woman (Elfriede Meyer) or that she became deceased after marriage.

The engagement notice of Vogel - now promoted to the rank of SS Oberscharfuehrer - to Irmgard Bloehm shown above is dated 25 September 1943 and could well be his second marriage attempt.

For what it is worth, in my humble opinion, this is the same man.

Regards,

John

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
        OOOPS, My mistake, I'll eat my hat!

Kev
        I've also done some research on these two scenarios and maybe Kevin does not need to eat his hat. It's all speculation of course as there doesn't seem to be any documentation to back up John's suggestion. However, it suddenly struck me that the card address is Königsberg and the Hans Vogel in Kevin's documents also appears to come from Königsberg. That is more than a coincidence, so it could well be that the two Hans Vogels are one and the same man after all.
        Max.

Comment

Hans Vogel
          d.o.b. 27.8.19
          ss-number 362 720

Comment

These are actually my documents and not Kevin's.

The woman on the card may not have been suitable or was killed or the couple broke up. There is no other man in the whole LSSAH by that name who also attained that rank.

Thanks for all the comments and especially to John B.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X