Late war photo - Auschwitz Poland train station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late war photo - Auschwitz Poland train station

I have got this photo for a while now and i was wondering if the train is related to Auschwitz train station or is it just a sign that indicates the direction.

I've read that the DRK was also stationed at Auschwitz eg. for the treatment of the guards. The photo must be taken at the end of 1944. Maybe they´re already on retreat?

Any ideas or comments are welcome.
    Attached Files

As you can see they´re on the move or they come. One of them looks injured on the arm so i guess they´re moving.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

interesting picture.
      Do you have more infos on the group of DRK Schwester ?

The problem is that the group can be located... everywhere between Auschwitz and the destination of the train (which is not available if i'm right ?).
      Other pictures with an Auschwitz sign on a coach/waggon cars are available on the net, i remember seeing one one the board before i think.

See You

Vince

Comment

I know her name. She was stationed 1943 in H. San.Staffel Leipzig (Wehrkreiskommando IV).

I´ve got another photo of her - sitting somewhere in the area of Tarnow - this one is also dated with 1944 and written on the backside "Sammelstelle VI" but this one can be taken before or after this photo here was taken.

Is there a chance to contact the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum if they had any names of female DRK nurses in their files? Maybe she was only on the move from the eastern front... who knows.

Comment

Other city on the plate is Krakau ( Krakow ). So the train was on the move between Krakau Hbf ( Dworzec Glowny Krakow ) and Auschwitz Hbf ( Dworzec Glowny Oswiecim ).

Comment

Hi,

Thanks anmarlodz for providing us more infos on the train !

well i'm not sure that the Stat Museum had in their archives informations about the DRK units from the city. The Museum had mainly their sources from the KZ (including the ones returned by Russia).
            I don't know if they also kept additional archives from all the other administrations in the city.

But this is worth a try to contact them, even more if you have more infos on the girl including his name !

See You

Vince

Comment

Great photo!

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
              Other city on the plate is Krakau ( Krakow ). So the train was on the move between Krakau Hbf ( Dworzec Glowny Krakow ) and Auschwitz Hbf ( Dworzec Glowny Oswiecim ).
              Agree wholeheartedly!

Will be watching to see more developments - thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Mogdala View Post
                I know her name. She was stationed 1943 in H. San.Staffel Leipzig (Wehrkreiskommando IV).

I´ve got another photo of her - sitting somewhere in the area of Tarnow - this one is also dated with 1944 and written on the backside "Sammelstelle VI" but this one can be taken before or after this photo here was taken.
                Hi Christian,
                I am also trying to research a photo grouping from Tarnow and would love to see the Tarnow picture you mentioned. Can I ask does that one show any town landmarks or was it taken in the countryside ? Also, does anyone know of good sources for information on Tarnow during WW2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Helden View Post
                  Hi Christian,
                  I am also trying to research a photo grouping from Tarnow and would love to see the Tarnow picture you mentioned. Can I ask does that one show any town landmarks or was it taken in the countryside ? Also, does anyone know of good sources for information on Tarnow during WW2 ?
                  Here it is - sorry for the delay
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting that, that's a nice photo with some great uniform detail too. The Tarnow ones I have are town centre based & when I get them online I will also start a thread here, Cheers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X