griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signature recognition & opinions on EK doc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signature recognition & opinions on EK doc.

Hello,

I know hardly anything about 3rd Reich militaria (I'm into imperial stuff) so I'm probably asking a question that's been asked a lot in the past.

Can anyone read or recognise the signature on this document?

Does the document look original? It is very thick paper.

Thanks for any help.

Tony
    Attached Files

Here's a close up of the signature.

Tony
    Attached Files

Comment

I will have a look in my books, however initially I am not so impressed with it!

More soon.../Ian
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

I can not find who that signature belongs to, however I do not like the look of it...it does not look like it flows with a natural hand!

Also I would have expected to see Gren.Rgt. 209 as this was renamed 15.10.1942!! The stamp you can expect not to be correct as units did not replace them straight away!

I would also have expected to see Oberst u. Rgts. Kommandeur or i.v. not just Oberst Inf.Rgt. 209!!!

Most EK's came from Division and not Regiment...even though the Regiment would have put him forward for this award!

Unfortunatly for me it is

/Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Bad news then Ian, but thanks anyway. I'm glad I didn't pay much, the only reason I bought it was because the EK winners death card was with it.

The death card doesn't mention his unit but says he was killed in July 44 fighting the Russians on the northern part of the Eastern front.

Tony

Comment

Can you post that? We can have a look on the German War Graves site for his info...if it is there that is!

....There is no Friedrich J. Lehnen on the site ......that does not mean he did not exist just that there is no record of a known grave...or they have not updated all the missing tables yet!

/Ian
            Last edited by Ian Jewison; 08-22-2004, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Here you go Ian.

Tony
              Attached Files

Comment

I think someone has added the EK to go with this death card! Particularly when they have copied his name as is from the card rather than in full on the document!

Lets hear what other people have to say!?

/Ian

Comment

Stamp,.. typography,....?

Something worries me: the typography of the stamp is not the one that was using the wehrmacht.

Roberto

Algo me inquieta: la tipografía del sello no es la utilizada por la wehrmacht.
                  Parece más bien una fotocopia y luego envejecida con algún pigmento.

Roberto

Comment

I don't like this either. A batallion stamp, the odd signature and title, the name abbreviation, the 'im osten', the ageing of the doc too. The signature, stamp and typing are as fresh as if the were done yesterday and yet the doc has yellowed that much???
                    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I don't suppose anyone wants to buy it then.

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                      X