Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mythus Des 20. Jahrhunderts

Hi!
    I recently bought Mythus, Des 20. Jahrhunderts by Alfred Rosenberg. I wanted to read it, but when the book came the text was in german, although the site from which I bought it claimed that the text was in english.
    I dont understand a single german word, so now I intend to sell the book.
    Is it any value in this book?
    It is an original from 1936, the first edition. It is blue and has gold text on the spine and the book is in good shape.
    The Former owner's name is on the ffep.

Any ideas what I shall sell it for?
    Regards,
    Lenq

Lenq, can't really help you with the price. This is one of those books that needs a buyer and not everyone is interested in a text only book. It is an important book and I would put it in the top 5 of the most important political books of the period. I had several copies which I sold that went for about $45 to $50. Of course they were later editions and I don't know what a first edition might bring. I might be interested if you can determine a price or get some more feedback from other members as to value, especially if you might consider some type of trade.
    Richard V

Comment

Another person who has purchased the book. I also have this book, case in cardboard, blue leather bound with Widmung and it was part of a Soldatenbibliotek.

I purchased mine for $30.

There is great quote, something like, "um vorwärts zu kommen muss man Brücke brennen."

I agree it is one of the most influential political books of the last century.

Erich

Originally posted by Richard
      Lenq, can't really help you with the price. This is one of those books that needs a buyer and not everyone is interested in a text only book. It is an important book and I would put it in the top 5 of the most important political books of the period. I had several copies which I sold that went for about $45 to $50. Of course they were later editions and I don't know what a first edition might bring. I might be interested if you can determine a price or get some more feedback from other members as to value, especially if you might consider some type of trade.
      Richard V

Comment

Value also depends on the condition of the book and is about USD 25 - with original dust jacket a bit more.
        I´d say that about 1 - 2 million of this book were published !!!
        Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts
        silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

It is in my opinion almost unreadable - - turgid, verbose......... Cannot imagine why anyone would want to read this book !!

Comment

2 weeks ago I bought a copy for 1 euro

Comment

DanCz,

I would agree with you in part. It has a lot of the Zeitgeist of the Thule organisation and the the post world war one era. However, the thinking (not necessarily the logic) behind some of what is written is interesting.

Comment

Rosenberg was a prolific writer and authored quite a few books/pamphlets. I still think this book is one that should be in every collector's library as it was a profound work in the eyes of the politicos of the time. Wish I could find a copy for 1 Euro! It is true that millions of copies were printed, but because of the book's stigma, huge numbers wound up in the trash.
                Richard V

Comment

Thank you everybody!
                  Maybe the best way is to sell it on internet auctions.
                  Thank you once again for your time!
                  Best regards,
                  Lenq

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X