authentic ss doc or not ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

authentic ss doc or not ???

can anyone tell me whether this is an authentic doc or not?
    it looks good, but i know little about these docs... and
    want to add some to my collection! thanks, john

Attached Files

I don't have any of my books with me, so cannot give the names of any Kdr's of SS-Pz.Gren.Rgt. "Totenkopf"- but I'm fairly certain that the unit was not commanded at any point by an officer with the rank of Sturmbannführer (= Major). Or at least it wasn't fully/permanent commanded by an SS-Stubaf. as the designation "Rgt.Kdr." indicates. If ever that did occur, as it may have, he'd probably be described as Rgt.Fhr. (Führer) rather than Rgt.Kdr. (Kommandeur).

I can't tell from your scan what the stamp says- "SS-Totenkopf-Division" at the top, "____-Abteilung" at the bottom. Seems that if this SS-Sturmbannfuhrer L___ was Rgt. Kdr. of SS-Pz.Gren.Rgt. "Totenkopf" the document would bear the stamp of that unit.

Documents aren't my specialty, but I've got a bad feeling about this one.

~ Mike Miller

Comment

IMO Fake.

Wrong regiment name and wrong stamp for starters, and i'm sure if i looked up the regimental commanders the sig would turn out wrong too...for either SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment 5 "Thule" or SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment 6 "Theodor Eicke" (TKs 2 infantry regiments)

Simon
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

-

IMO a fake. Why use a stamp for the Aufklärungs-Abteilung (recce detachment) in the name of the regiment?

Comment

A poor fake
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

thanks everyone... i had a bad feeling about it, and am glad i sought your advice. hey! maybe i am learning something after all!!! thanks again, john

Comment

Sorry my comments were so verbose - I see now that I could've just said "It's a fake, don't buy it!"

~ Mike

Comment

Incidentally this is quite a common style of fake doing the rounds at the moment...I am sure it is the same person doing them!

With that said, the stamps is probably an easy one to get....

Are they made for re-enactors or to deceive....who knows but the quality is s h i t !!! For want of a better word

/Ian
                Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Notice that the stamp has a misspelling--that's always a good clue!
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

guys... i really appreciate all of your comments. i'm here to learn, and learn i have. i'm looking to add some docs to my collection... stealing that display idea from some of the folks on w-a. thanks again! john

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                    X