Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earliest award : Infantery Assault badge

Hello,

This thread is inspired on the thread started from our good friend Angel Farre ( Iron cross citations ) and has put me to browse trough my books, etc ... from wich a question was born .

What is the earliest date that one has encountered on a Infantery Assault badge " Silver " award document ?, i have found in Klietmann's reference that the first 2 Badges where awarded shortly before the Belgian capitulation on 28.05.1940 towards a Leutnant and Gefreiter.

The days from wich one was eligible to become the badge started to count from 01.01.1940 ( Institution from the badge in silver => 20.12.1939 ) , so looking strictly to these criteria days earned during the Poland campaign came not in question to earn this badge .

So now im asking you guys to look your award documents ( or Soldbuch and Wehrpass entry's ) up and show us the earlyest possible proof.

Friendly greetings and thanks for looking,
    my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

The earliest award date I found among my papers was made on July 5th, 1.940 and the awarding unit was the Inf.Rgt. 350, and for an award of the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in bronze November 5th, 1.940 awarded by Inf.Rgt. GD. Hope this help.

Cheers

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X