Need ID help with Skorzeny picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ID help with Skorzeny picture

This photo is of Hub Zemke and Otto Skorzeny along with another German who i believe is also an SS officer but I can't figure out who it is.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Skorzeny's "Old Commrades" ?

Hi Gary, This is driving me crazy ! I know I have seen this guy before ! This photo had to have been taken sometime in the early 60's. Zemke left Spain in 1962. I know that Skorzeny had many old friends visit him in Spain in those days. Former Waffen SS veterans were frequent guests. I'm going to go through some photos I have to see if I can ID this guy. I hope we get lucky ! Yours, Tom

Comment

Sorry no ID

Well I looked through all the photos I received from Skorzeny in the early 70's and I'm sad to report none show a person even close to the unknown in your photo. And sorry I spelled "comrades" wrong in my other post...I never check my spelling ! Where did you get this photo ? Maybe the previous owner could help ? I'll keep thinking about this & maybe I can hit on something. Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

Hub's son and I are good friends and I am helping him identify a bunch of memorabilia he has inherited from his dad. He has a copy of Skorzeny's book that is inscribed and signed to Hub Sr. Any idea of a value on something like that? He is looking at insuring a bunch of stuff and I've never seen anything that Skorzeny signed like that.
        Originally posted by Tom B View Post
        Well I looked through all the photos I received from Skorzeny in the early 70's and I'm sad to report none show a person even close to the unknown in your photo. And sorry I spelled "comrades" wrong in my other post...I never check my spelling ! Where did you get this photo ? Maybe the previous owner could help ? I'll keep thinking about this & maybe I can hit on something. Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X