No announcement yet.

NSD Studentenbund album Heidelberg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's about the only period item that I've been able to find showing Heidelbergs NS history....an original period postcard.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have never seen that postcard! Thanks for showing it! Here are a couple of night photos taken at an event where Dr. Goebbels spoke at the Thingstätte in Heidelberg
      Attached Files

Comment

two more taken there
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a photo of one of two eagles which are still at the main gate of the former Großdeutschland Kaserne in the Römer Strasse in Heidelberg.
          Attached Files

Comment

last but not least Marine HJ Heidelberg
            Attached Files

Comment

pole top form ???

Originally posted by PzV View Post
              ...I have attached a closer scan of
              the flag but it is not that sharp ...
              Thanks for the closer flag view.
              Would like to see a more clear photo.

OFW
              Attached Files
              Last edited by oldflagswanted; 09-05-2012, 01:36 AM.
              sigpic
              .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

"oldflagswanted" that is unfortunately as clear as I could get it as it was taken at a distance. I assume that due to the large amount of script on the "Spiegel" that "Langemarck-Studium" is part of this and most probably "Heidelberg" also. I can rescan the flag tip however but it looks like that in your diagram.

Comment

Great album that's for sure. Pitily no photographs show the black uniform with the field-cap as worn by a Stammannschaft.

Flags for the NSD-Studentenbund carried normally a patch with the name for the institute, so at Heidelberg existed the "Universität Heidelberg", which was part for the district Baden-2.

At the institute existed (as far as I have researched about 20 years ago) twelve Kameradschaften, which were divided into Gemeinschaften. All of these were granted names:
                  I was "Axel Schaffeld", granted January 26, 1938 (January 26th was the official date of founding the NSDSt.B);
                  II was "Auf dem Bremeneck", ibid;
                  III was "Schlieffen", granted at the Deutscher Studententag at Heidelberg in 1938;
                  IV was "Carl-Heinrich Waldow", granted January 26, 1938;
                  V was "Kurpfalz", ibid;
                  VI was "Westmark", ibid;
                  VII was "Viktor von Scheffel", ibid;
                  VIII was "Richard Flisges", ibid;
                  IX was "Friedrich Friesen", granted February 23, 1940;
                  X was "Carl Cleinow", granted April 23, 1940;
                  XI was "Achim von Arnim", granted February 23, 1940;
                  XII was "Theodor Casella", granted May 20, 1940. November 11, 1940 (known as the Langemarck-Tag) as an interim name. The Gemeinschaft was upgraded into a Kameradschaft and the name was then definitive.
                  The Roman numbers are known as Reichsnummer.

April 20, 1943 a regulation (Dienstanweisung) was published which mentioned that for a smaller unit, a Gemeinschaft no flag was official, but for a Kameradschaft. However this all was arranged and to be waited after the war. Since July 29, 1938 there existed however an intricate system of how the units were to be named: a) normally after the person that lead the Kameradschaft, for example Schlüter or whatever; b) another possibility was to name the Kameradschaft as the adress where they stayed (for example Ludwigstrasse 88); c) the third possibility was the name for the home they lived in (so for example Kameradschaft Langemarckhaus 1) for the shown album.

Who knows the patch with the photograph gives the correct indication Universität Heidelberg Baden (possibly a two was included). The earlier granted name should not be included. This was officially not allowed. If the indication for the Kameradschaft with the appropriate number was included is not known. Patch could also be as: Universität Heidelberg Langemarck-Studium.
                  Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 09-05-2012, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Awesome photo album with great and rare photos, thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Wilhelm, thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Great album you got there! Nice to see daily life in nazi-Germany.

Nice eagle in Heidelberg, seems at least the wreath is still under the new sign.

Comment

wS info - bravo !!!

Originally posted by PzV View Post
                          Wilhelm, thanks for the clarification!
                          Ditto that. Always superb info from wS - my bravo!
                          OFW
                          sigpic
                          .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Wonderful! I have a weakness for youth items, especially school related.

Comment

At the HJ-forum (www.hj-research.com) there is a flag shown with the thread: NS-Studentenbund-flag Rosenheim.
                              A close-up shows the patch as Holztechnikum Rosenheim.
                              A superb flag and seldom seen!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X