Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need your help fast !!!!!!! Only 3 hours left !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not gonna buy the picture beacause an "adolph-galland photo expert" says it's a postcard and he says he have seen this picture several times.

And it's not the most popular dealer

Comment

What??

So - you bid on what appeared to be an auction (Help! Only 3 hours left) - then said you won for $15.00 - and now you're going to back out????

I try not to judge, but you're not setting a very good track record here. If you won an auction, you need to be man (or person) enough to stick with it. Not just all of a sudden back out because you got some conflicting information.

If it was an auction - and you won it - pay for it and suck it up.

Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Agree with Hank

With all due respect, you should not give in to the urge to impulse buy. Auctions sometime make people lose all reason, forget about the actual item, and bid just because they get caught up in the excitement of it all . In the future, don't allow yourself to be pressured into buying just because there is a clock running! Think of it this way, if you had seen the item AFTER the close of the auction, would you be any worse off then you were before you saw the item? Care and research must be exercised in any purchase. I agree to some extent that some items are worth the risk if they are cheap enough. But let that be the exception, and not the rule. Slllllooooooowwwww down, query the forum without the pressure, and you will do well, and if an auction ends before you get a reply...oh well, chances are that it isn't the only photo/item in existence.
        With Respect,
        Steven
        Originally posted by hankmeister
        So - you bid on what appeared to be an auction (Help! Only 3 hours left) - then said you won for $15.00 - and now you're going to back out????

I try not to judge, but you're not setting a very good track record here. If you won an auction, you need to be man (or person) enough to stick with it. Not just all of a sudden back out because you got some conflicting information.

Hank

Comment

Originally posted by hankmeister

Hank
          Also if the seller is milantik alias THOMAS HARTMANN !

Comment

Originally posted by gilles
            Also if the seller is milantik alias THOMAS HARTMANN !
            Yup, even if it's him. That didn't have anything to do with your original question. Compared to the way some people get burned, a $15 "lesson learned" is a very, very, VERY cheap one. Another critical component on auctions - research the seller too.

And just so you know, I'm not trying to pick on you, or anything like that. Just trying to help you see how to do things a little better in the future. I'm not perfect either - and we're all here to help each other.

So - and it's just my opinion - pay the auction (about the same cost as a few beers or so) and have a nice probably reproduction photo of Galland. You could do much worse.

Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I'm not gonna buy the picture beacause an "adolph-galland photo expert" says it's a postcard and he says he have seen this picture several times.

And it's not the most popular dealer
              I regret to say that if you really do it this way, I am 100% sure that you will be on persona non grata lists of many collectors.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X