Documente polnischer Grausamkeit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documente polnischer Grausamkeit

Among the items in my NS publication collection, there is the difficult to find title, Documente polnischer Grausamkeit. This was published by the German Foreign office, Berlin, 1940 in an attempt to detail the atrocities committed by the Polish population and authorities against the German minority living in Poland.

I also have the English language version of the report entitled, Polish Acts of Atrocity against the German Minority in Poland. This was published by the German Library of Information, New York, 1940 and was printed in the USA.

There is a glaring difference between the German language version and the English version. The pictures of the Germans allegedly killed by the Poles in the German version are gruesome to say the least. The English version was sanitized.

I have scanned the covers of the German and English language editions. I have also scanned 2 pictures from the English edition that have appeared in several post war publication. What remains to be scanned are examples of the atrocity pictures contained in the German edition.

I don't want to offend other forum members. If there is interest in seeing some of the pictures the Foreign Ofice offered as copmplelling evidence to support the sending of German soldiers to war in Poland, I will do so.

The pictures are horrific and will rival anything that has been shown on the Forum to day.

Please let me know if there is sufficient interest to show these pictures. This is a very interesting publication of more than passing historical interest not often seen today.
    Last edited by ramon; 10-02-2008, 01:44 AM.

Here is the cover of the English version published and printed here in the USA.

Comment

Here is the first page of text explaining that there are atrocities and then there are atrocities. I hope it is legible enough to read.

Comment

Here are 2 of the pictures in the English version often seen in postwar publications.

The first....

Comment

The second....

Comment

The 2 pictures shown in the above posts do not begin to rival those shown in the German edtion. Again, if there is sufficient interest in seeing samples of the German edition I will scan some. They are truly horrific.

Comment

Ramon:

Good, rare book. I also have both of those editions. Kind of a forgotten history of one of the many causes for the war.

Erich

Comment

Ramon and Erich,

I also have this book.
                There is a second one about the russian "massmurdering" of thousands of polish Officers in KATYN which is very similar - same kind of photos.
                Title: Amtliches Material zum Massenmord von KATYN
                Published by: Deutsche Informationsstelle
                Zentralverlag der NSDAP München, published in 1943.
                If interested I can post pics.
                Same warning as for the book "Dokumente polnischer Grausamkeit"

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts
                silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

Hallo,

wuerde sehr gern die Pix sehen!

The publication of the White Book by the German Information Center was not taken too seriously by the American Public. There was some debate in Congress, if I remeber correctly, but American opinion was already on the side of Poland, France and Britian.

Originally posted by ustufvorwaerts
                  Ramon and Erich,

I also have this book.
                  There is a second one about the russian "massmurdering" of thousands of polish Officers in KATYN which is very similar - same kind of photos.
                  Title: Amtliches Material zum Massenmord von KATYN
                  Published by: Deutsche Informationsstelle
                  Zentralverlag der NSDAP München, published in 1943.
                  If interested I can post pics.
                  Same warning as for the book "Dokumente polnischer Grausamkeit"

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts

Comment

Hi Erich,

here are the pics. As the cover of the book is missing the first pic shows the first page of the book. Total pages 331.

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts ...
                    Attached Files
                    silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

The following pics without comment.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X