Karl Gross Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karl Gross Group

I acquired this set quite I would say seven years ago. I was always left wondering about it. The story goes that items are in top condition because he barely used them, and only carried the EK1 on his uniform. I wonder, at the lack of other awards and condition of the other ones, if he died close to 1942, date of the last document I have. I also have the case for the EK1 (which by the way was a replacement, L marked) and a post card, with supposedly, his image. I would appreciate any assistance on my quest.
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

next
      Attached Files

Comment

next 2
        Attached Files

Comment

Last
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, the pix aren't the greatest, but I don't see any problems. Looks like a VERY nice grouping!

Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks Hank, however, what I am interested on is if any of you guys might have information on the soldier in order to make the story more in tune with the reality if that is the case.

Comment

i suppose they could all belong together, if they do then he clearly left everything carefully packed away at home. I would certainly expect to see an IAB here at least, but it's not impossible that this is all he had.
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hello,

I just read your posts and stumbled over the name Karl Gross. One of my ancestors´ names was Karl Gross.

Of course the name is very common in german, but the "Urkunde für das Schutzwallehrenabzeichen" was filled in in Stuttgart. And thats near the place where he lived.

Do you have any further information about him ?

Kind regards from Germany,
                  Andreas.
                  Attached Files

Comment

what is the date and unit on the EK1 I can't be sure I'm reading it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by cesky67 View Post
                      what is the date and unit on the EK1 I can't be sure I'm reading it correctly.
                      Looks like 22.2.1944 (February 22, 1944)

Hank
                      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I have the book Das Buch der 78.Sturmdivision and I had a look in it for you but sorry to say I didn't come across any reference to Gross in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                          Looks like 22.2.1944 (February 22, 1944)

Hank
                          You are correct on the 22/2, but its 1942.

Thank you guys for your efforts so far.

Comment

Hi,

Can you please tell me what the stamp is of the infanterie division on the ek1 urkunde? I looked up 195 inf regiment and should have fallen under 5. Infanterie-Division and 78. Infanterie-Division control. Problem is the signature doesn't match any Generals of that time.

Cheers,

Jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X